It’s time for the APPT April 2019 Blog Hop! This month’s kit is called Sentimental Rose, and includes all you need to make 9 beautiful cards AND a box to put them in. Be sure to hop around to all the stops. You don’t want to miss any of the great alternative projects you can make with this month’s kit.
Here’s what I made:
A flatware/napkin holder and a card for a wedding shower. Since these were the only napkins I had with pink in them, I took the color (Lemon Lime Twist) from them for the projects. The Lemon Lime Twist card base and the Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed sequins are the only things you see that didn’t come in the kit. (I put the sequins on the box, but forgot to put them on the card before I took the photo. Oops!)
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Lemon Lime Twist card stock (CS) cut to 5-12″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- acrylic box from the kit cut down from 5-1/4″ long to 4″ long – just cut off one end of the box
Stamped with the Sentimental Rose stamp set:
- sentiment in Gray Granite ink onto a die cut tag from the kit
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- corrugated piece glued onto the front of the card base
- printed piece from the kit adhered over the corrugated piece using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- left half of sentiment glued onto the printed piece, and the right half adhered onto the corrugated piece using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 3 Lemon Lime Twist sequins applied onto the card front (Oops! I forgot to put these on the card before I took the photos.)
Assembled the flatware holder:
- burnished the folds in the cut down acrylic box with a Bone Folder
- folded in the flaps on the bottom end to form the holder
- long corrugated piece wrapped around the bottom of the holder and adhered the ends together with the attached peel and stick adhesive (This helps the holder stand up.) If you feel the need, you can put a couple of glue dots under the back of the corrugated piece to hold it to the acrylic box.
- adhered a printed piece onto the corrugated piece and the acrylic holder using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 3 Lemon Lime Twist sequins applied onto the front of the holder
- napkin and flatware inserted into holder
Here’s the APPT April 2019 hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used, other than what came in the kit:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Supply List <– Click here for a clickable and printable list!
Back by popular demand!
Preorder the Happy Tails Online Class by May 1!
- Make 6 cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- If you or someone you know is a dog lover, this class is for you!
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details:
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- April Host Code GDG7WK3J – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!