Hurray, it’s time for the March 2018 APPT blog hop! This month’s kit is called May Good Things Grow, and it is just lovely. Of course, we can’t leave well enough alone, so we used the kit to create alternate projects, just to give you some ideas. Be sure to check out all the stops on the hop!
The kit makes cards that go is adorable envelopes that look like seed packs. I used the seed packs to make a card and a sour cream container. No, there isn’t sour cream in it, but it’s the shape of the little take out containers that sour cream comes in. It’s one of the easiest containers to make, and it’s even easier with a premade envelope.
The card base is Fresh Fig card stock, but I used one of the kit card bases to cut a piece for the inside of the card. I used Fresh Fig ink, but the Early Espresso ink that comes in the kit would match equally as well.
Brads! There are brads in this kit! I’ve always liked using brads in my paper crafting – there are lots of things you can do with them.
At the bottom of this post, there’s a list of the products I used other than what’s in the kit. There aren’t many. This kit has so much in it, I can think of all sorts of things to make with it. I listed glue and Tear & Tape, because I prefer them, but the kit comes with glue dots – and a whole lot of Stampin’ Dimensionals!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Fresh Fig card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- front of one of the seed packs cut off and trimmed around the design
- the flap off another seed packet cut off
- cut a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece from a Crumb Cake card base
Stamped with the May Good Things Grow stamp set:
- birthday sentiment in Fresh Fig ink onto one of the precut labels
- friendship sentiment in Fresh Fig ink onto a larger precut label
- scroll design in the four corners of the trimmed Crumb Cake card base
“Colored” using Clear Wink of Stella Pen:
- all the color die cut flowers and leaves (not the monotone ones that are part of the large floral die cut)
Assembled the card:
- seed pack front glued onto the front of the card base
- large floral die cut adhered to the seed pack layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- single die cut pink and yellow flowers and one die cut leaf adhered over the large floral die cut using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 2 brads attached to the larger label, then the label adhered to the large floral die cut using Stampin’ Dimensionals
Assembled the sour cream container:
- pinched the top of the bag perpendicular to the bottom, so the two side score lines touch (I also used snips to cut the edges straight)
- put some goodies inside, then sealed the top shut with Tear & Tape
- punched a hole through the top with the 1/8″ Circle Punch
- put the Fresh Fig ribbon through the hole and tied a bow
- glued a die cut flower and some die cut leaves to the front
- glued on the birthday label
Here’s the hop:
Click the NEXT button to go to the next stop on the hop, Melissa Thomas as Sea to Sea Stampin’. If you get lost, during the hop, use the list below to find your way.
Here are the colors in the kit:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used other than the Paper Pumpkin kit:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s some stuff you should check out:
- How to save 70% off the Starter Kit
- SUBSCRIBE to my newsletter & blog
- My Class Calendar
- March Host Code 34CJGPSJ
- Get my FREE Gift for March
- Earn Gumball Rewards for FREE stamps
- Stamp Candy VIPs – All my customers may join my Stamp Candy VIPs Facebook group to receive free project ideas, tutorials, giveaways, and more! If you’ve ordered through me in the past year, you can join. Just click the link to find the group, request to join and I’ll add you!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details: [email protected]
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!