It’s time for the August 2018 A Paper Pumpkin Thing (APPT) Blog Hop. This month’s kit is called Blissful Blooms, and it is very aptly named. It includes everything you need to make 10 gorgeous floral cards. For the hop, we are using the kit to create alternate projects: one card and one 3D item.
When I was in a hotel room in Seattle, right after the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip in July, the toiletries included an unusually shaped box with an asymmetrically shaped bar of soap in it. Of course, I had to bring it home to try to make one. And I thought today’s post was the perfect time to try it. I hope you like what I’ve made.
Here’s a video from Stampin’ Up! about this month’s kit:
Here’s what I made:
Here’s how I made the card:
Stamped with the Blissful Blooms stamp set:
- flowers in Flirty Flamingo ink onto the larger label
- flower centers in Memento black ink
- sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink onto the smaller label
Die cut using the Layering Ovals Framelits:
- a plain oval from a scrap from of Old Olive CS
- a scalloped oval from a scrap of Blackberry Bliss CS
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base (with printed flowers in the center of the front) with a Bone Folder
- all but about 5 of the green vellum leaves adhered onto the card front, with stems toward the center, larger ones first, then smaller ones over those
- Old Olive CS oval adhered to the Blackberry Bliss CS oval
- flower stamped label adhered to the Old Olive CS oval
- sentiment label adhered to the flower label and ovals
- ovals/labels grouping adhered over the leaves using Stampin’ Dimensionals
Here’s how I made the box:
Stamped with the Blissful Blooms stamp set:
- flower in Flirty Flamingo ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- flower center in Memento black ink
- sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink onto the front of the box**
Cut using Circle Punches:
- flower with a 1″ circle punch
- a scrap of Old Olive CS with a 1-1/4″ circle punch
- a scrap of Blackberry Bliss CS with a 1-3/8″ scallop circle punch
Assembled the box:
- made a template: 7/8″ across the top, 1-1/2″ across the bottom, and 3-3/4″ sides
- drew around the template four times, side by side, onto a piece of Whisper White Thick CS
- added tabs, according to the template below
- scored all inner lines using my Stampin’ Trimmer
- cut out the box using Paper Snips
- burnished all score lines with a Bone Folder
- **stamped sentiment onto the front panel of the box
- added adhesive to the long flap along one side of the box, and adhered the flap to the inside of the opposite end
- folded in all flaps (adding in your small gift, of course)
- about 5 of the green vellum leaves adhered around the top of the front panel of the box
- punched flower adhered onto the Old Olive CS circle
- Old Olive CS circle adhered onto the Blackberry Bliss CS circle
- Blackberry Bliss circle adhered over the leaves using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- tied a piece of the Flirty Flamingo twine from the kit around the box and tied in a bow
Here’s the APPT Blog Hop:
Click on Next to go to the next stop, or use the list below to navigate the hop.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s how to get your own Paper Pumpkin kits:
Click here to subscribe month to month. Please make sure I am listed as your demonstrator.
Click here to get a prepaid subscription of 1 to 12 months. You will receive a redemption code which you will enter on the Paper Pumpkin web site. All instructions will come in an email with your code.
Here are 3 amazing offers – ONLY 1 DAY LEFT!:
1) Color Your Seasons Special
Stampin’ Up!’s® Blended Seasons Stamp Set, coordinating Framelits™ Dies, and Watercolor Pencils are perfect for every season of creating! Plus, save 10% when you buy the stamp set and Framelits in a bundle! But don’t wait—these exclusive products are only available until August 31 while supplies last. So get in the mood to create something full of colors and seasons!
Introducing the all-new, limited-time Color Your Season products:
- Blended Seasons Stamp Set, an exclusive 12-piece wood- or clear-mount stamp set with images for every season – #149019 @ $53 (wood blocks included); #149016 @ $39 (suggested clear blocks: b, c, e, g, h)
- Stitched Season Framelits Dies, a coordinating stitched die that includes stitching on both the positive and negative images! #149013 @ $33. Has10 dies. Largest die: 4-7/8″ x 3-3/8″.
- Save 10%! Blended Seasons BUNDLE – BLENDED SEASONS STAMP SET + STITCHED SEASONS FRAMELITS DIES – Wood-mount #149893 @ $77.25, Clear-mount #149894 @ $64.75
- Watercolor Pencils in 10 new colors! #149014 @ $12.50. Acid free, lignin free.10 pencils in Stampin’ Up! colors: Balmy Blue, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo, Garden Green, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy
- Products available while supplies last until August 31, 2018 – while supplies last
- Items may be included as part of a new demonstrator’s Starter Kit.
2) Bonus Days!
- For every $50 you spend on an order in August, you will receive a $5 coupon to use in September!
- There is no limit to the number of coupons you may earn.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can be delivered only via email.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits, demonstrator supply items, and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions.) Although new prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted with Bonus Days coupon codes.
3) Buy any 10 Classic Stampin’ Ink pads and get one FREE!!
- Buy any 10 ink pads from me in August, I will give you another one FREE!
- Contact me to place your order, so I can add your FREE ink pad!
Here’s some more cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store – I appreciate your business!
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- August Host Code YRU4UHA4– receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!