When I first saw the Apron of Love Bundle, I immediately thought of making some cute feminine projects. Then I realized there are male elements in the bundle as well. So I was inspired to make today’s card for a Dad who loves to BBQ. We all know at least one of those, don’t we?
The bundle is $45, so all you have to do is add an ink pad, a pack of paper, or something else that is at least $5, and you get to choose a free Sale-A-Bration item!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Crushed Curry card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Night of Navy CS cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 1″
- Tranquil Tide CS cut to 1-3/8″ x 1″
- Optional: Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside
Stamped with the Apron of Love stamp set:
- larger sentiment in Basic Black ink onto the 4″ x 1″ Wood Textures DSP strip
- smaller sentiment in Basic Black ink onto the Tranquil Tide CS piece
Die cut using the Apron Builder Framelits:
- apron from a scrap of True Gentleman DSP
- 2 apron strings and 1 neck string from a scrap of Tranquil Tide CS
- tools and mitt from a scrap of Silver Foil Sheet
Embossed using a Stylus:
- drew lines on the mitt to make it look quilted
Colored using Stampin’ Write Markers:
- on the white side of the brush, the bristle area in So Saffron
- handle and bristle lines in Soft Suede
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Night of Navy CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Wood Textures DSP layer glued onto the Night of Navy CS layer
- Wood Textures DSP strip glued onto theWood Textures DSP layer
- apron strings glued to the
Here are today’s main colors:
Click on each one to see all the products that come in, or with, that color.
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
- This is a fabulous time to join my team! Sale-A-Bration is the biggest event of the Stampin’ Up! year and you can save up to 60% on the ultimate bundle, the Starter Kit. CLICK HERE for more information. Contact me with any questions: email [email protected] or call/text 404-661-5222
- Newsletter: subscribe for exclusive deals, projects, and more! Enter your email address and click SUBSCRIBE at the top right of this page, just under the picture of my smiling face. You can also choose to receive an email every day that I have a blog post.
- Check out My Events Calendar HERE.
- Host Code for the month of January (XNNMNZSZ) Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- My Thank You Gift to You in January: Silver Embossing Paste – CLICK HERE to find out how to get your free gift.
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me – email: [email protected] OR call/text: 404-661-5222
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. CLICK HERE to find out how to get your free stamp set from me.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!