I am honored today to help promote Autism Awareness by participating in the Autism Speaks April Blog Hop. The theme of this hop is, appropriately enough, Autism. We have created projects using the Autism Colors: red, blue and/or yellow.
Scroll down for details on this card and how I made it, but first…
…the lifelong cost per individual with Autism is estimated to be $3 – 5 million dollars.
Here’s why Autism Speaks:
Amy Koenders is a wonderfully talented Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, and mother of a beautiful Autistic child, Emily. Please help Amy’s fund raising efforts by clicking here to go to her Autism Speaks Fundraiser page. It’s very easy, and it takes just a minute. If everyone gave just $1-2, it would make a world of difference.
Here’s the hop:
If you get lost at any time along the hop, refer to this list.
- Brian King
- Julie DiMatteo
- Sandi MacIver
- Mary Deatherage
- Lydia Fiedler
- Kim Vogel
- Amy Koenders
- Linda Geiger
- Lisa Curcio
- Candy Ford <—— YOU ARE HERE
- Lisa Pretto
- Jari Francis
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Beth Hooper
- Sue Prather
Thanks for hopping along with us today. I know you’ll enjoy all the projects from this talented group of stampers.
Please donate whatever you can, even if it’s just a little bit, to the mission of Autism Speaks – enhancing lives today and accelerating a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow. Every dollar helps!
Here’s what I made:
I went to the Stampin’ Up! Brights family to choose three happy colors: Real Red, Pacific Point, and Daffodil Delight. I used the Nailed It stamp set – which is also available in a bundle with the Build It Framelits Dies to save you 10%!
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Pacific Point card stock (CS) to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Real Red CS to 1″ x 4″
- Daffodil Delight CS to 3/4″ x 4″
- Daffodil Delight CS to 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ for inside
Stamped with the Nailed It stamp set:
- sentiment in Pacific Point ink onto Daffodil Delight CS strip
- saw image in Pacific Point ink onto the front of the card base
- saw image in Pacific Point ink onto the Daffodil Delight CS piece for the inside
Colored using the White Stampin’ Chalk Marker:
- highlights on saws on card front
- filled in saw on Daffodil Delight CS
Notched with Banner Triple Punch:
- right end of Daffodil Delight CS strip
- right end of Real Red CS strip
Assembled the card:
- trimmed left ends of Daffodil Delight CS strip and Real Red CS strip to desired length with Paper Snips, then glued them together
- two small Pacific Point dots applied to the sentiment strip
- sentiment strip adhered to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Daffodil Delight CS glued to inside of card
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
RETIRING IN COLORS
DID YOU KNOW the 2015-2017 In Colors will retire at the end of May? That means that they will no longer be available to order on June 1. Don’t wait until then to order them. At some point before the end of May, they will become available only while supplies last. So get what you need now.
SPEAKING OF RETIRING PRODUCTS
The Designer Series Papers always retire, too. So these products won’t be available after May 31. And just like the retiring In Colors above, at some point before the end of May, these items will become available only while supplies last. Don’t wait until the last minute. Get them now!
You always earn a Gum Ball for every $50 you spend on an order with me. Earn 10 Gum Balls and I’ll send you a free stamp set of your choice! See the Gum Ball Rewards page for details.
Click here to shop my online store!
April Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $15o. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
April’s gift is a pack of Urban Underground Embellishments! Each pack contains 24 brushed silver embellishments – 8 each of 3 designs. (I can ship within US only.)
Click here to shop my online store!