Today’s card is very very simple. One stamp, three pieces of paper, an Aqua Painter, and some ink refills. That’s all it is. The By the Bay Sale-a-bration stamp set really does all the work for you.
I was going to stamp the image onto Watercolor Paper, then crop it down to just the stamped image area. But once I saw it on the larger piece of paper, I decided to try my hand a making a watercolor similar to some I’ve seen in galleries, with no real border except where the ink stops.
You may be surprised when you see which colors I used. They are pretty deep, dark colors, but they are much lighter when they are watered down. I decided not to put a sentiment on this card. You could use it as is for an all occasion notecard, or you could stamp a sentiment on the inside. I really like only the image on the front.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Tranquil Tide card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Watercolor Paper cut to 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the By the Bay stamp set:
- the largest image in the set
Colored using an Aqua Painter and inks:
- sky in Pool Party
- water in Tranquil Tide
- greenery in Old Olive
- wall in Gray Granite
- houses in Cherry Cobbler, and roofs in Basic Gray
- NOTE: There are a few ways to do this, but I put a drop of each color on a clear acrylic block, then used the Aqua Painter filled with water to pick up the color.
- Let the ink dry completely before doing anything else with it. You can speed up this process using a Heat Tool.
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- colored layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Preorder the Floral Romance Online Class by March 6!
- Make 6 beautiful cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Soft, elegant designs are perfect for wedding, anniversary, and much more
- Limited spots available! Order early – this one is sure to sell out!
Click on the image below for details:
Here are some helpful links to check out:
- Sale-a-bration!!!– earn free items!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- March Host Code RHZ6NBS7 – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team! Sale-a-bration is a super time to join! You get so much extra!!!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!