Today I’m sharing two Christmas cards with you. They are essentially the same, but in different colors. They both use the same Designer Series Paper pack, Glimmer Paper, stamp set, and dies. One is in Merry Merlot and Garden Green, and the other is Cherry Cobbler and Tranquil Tide.
There are only 6 days left to get the beautiful Dashing Along Designer Series Paper. Scroll down to the bottom of this post to see all the details of the special.
I know I’ve talked about this before, but I think it’s worth mentioning again. The new Glimmer Paper is amazing! Not a single piece of glitter comes off! I keep waiting to see it happen, but it hasn’t. If you like the glittery look without the glittery mess, you need to get some of Stampin’ Up!’s glimmer paper. There are 4 colors in the annual catalog, and there’s a pack of 3 colors in the holiday catalog. Click here to see them all.
Here’s what I made:
The Merry Merlot parts look darker in these photos that they do in real life.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Whisper White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/2″ (one for each card)
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ (one for each card)
- Whisper White CS cut to 2-1/4″ x 7/8″ (one for each card)
- Gold Foil Sheet cut to 1-16″ x 1-1/2″ (one for each card)
Stamped with the Merry Christmas To All stamp set:
- sentiment Tranquil Tide ink onto one of the 2-1/4″ x 7/8″ Whisper White CS pieces
- sentiment Merry Merlot ink onto the other 2-1/4″ x 7/8″ Whisper White CS piece
Die cut using the Detailed Baubles Thinlits:
- one ornament from Tranquil Tide Glimmer Paper
- one ornament from Merry Merlot Glimmer Paper
- NOTE: Keep all the die cut little pieces for tomorrow’s card!
Die cut using the Pretty Pines Thinlits:
- 1 bow from a scrap of Gold Foil Sheet for each card
NOTE: I had no trouble using the thinlits dies using the Magnetic Platform on the Big Shot. If you do, you should try the Precision Base Plate. But use the PB P only with Thinlits. They have more metal than Framelits. Framelits will warp when used with the PBP.
Cut using the 2-1/4″ Circle Punch:
- 1 circle from a scrap of Sparkle Glimmer Paper for each card
Assembled each card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- glimmer paper die cut ornament glued onto a 2-1/4″ Sparkle Glimmer Paper circle
- Sparkle Glimmer circle glued onto the DSP layer
- 1-16″ Gold Foil strip glued onto the DSP layer, as a hanger for the ornament
- Gold Foil bow glued over the top of the ornament
- sentiment glued onto the DSP layer
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s the Dashing Along Designer Series Paper special:
Only 6 days left!
- Receive one pack of Dashing Along Designer Series Paper with any $250 order in September!
- Perfect for layering, this beautiful, traditional Christmas paper includes a mix of old favorites and new patterns to create a festive, eclectic feel.
- Item number 149903
- 12 sheets: 3 double-sided sheets (6 total designs); 4 sheets of each design – perfect for making lots of Christmas cards!
- 12″ x 12″
- Promotion period: September 1–30
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper is exclusive to this promotion and will not be available after September 30.
- In order to qualify, the event merchandise total must reach $250 (before shipping and handling).
- One package of Designer Series Paper may be redeemed per qualifying order, with no limit on how many packages of Designer Series Paper can be earned.
- Demonstrator, Customer, Workshop, and online orders qualify.
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper may not be redeemed using Stampin’ Rewards. You will receive this FREE gift with a qualifying order in addition to any Stampin’ Rewards you may earn.
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper may not be exchanged for other paper.
Here’s some more cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- September Host Code NGABG9PN – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!