What’s black and white and red all over? Today’s card! I decided to go with a classic color combo for this friendship card made with the Beauty Abounds bundle from the new Occasions catalog and the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper from the Sale-a-bration catalog. So the red butterflies would have some contrast, I cut the base from Real Red cardstock and the top layer from Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Basic Black card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- trimmed front sentiment after it was stamped (see below) *
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Beauty Abounds stamp set:
- front sentiment in black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS, then trimmed it down using the Stampin’ Trimmer (see above) *
- inside sentiment in black ink onto the Whisper White CS for the inside of the card base
- 2 butterflies in black ink around the inside sentiment
Die cut using the Butterfly Beauty Thinlits:
- bottom butterfly layer cut from a scrap of Real Red CS
- top butterfly layer cut from a scrap of Cherry Cobbler CS
- NOTE: I used the Precision Base Plate with the Big Shot to cut these. I absolutely recommend you use the Precision Base Plate because these dies are very intricate.
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- top butterfly layer glued onto the bottom butterfly layer
- NOTE: I only applied glue to a small portion of the die cut, lined it up with the bottom layer, then applied glue to the next section, etc. If you try to glue the whole thing together at once, it’s more likely to get bits glued in the wrong place.
- butterfly “sandwich” glued onto the DSP layer
- Red Rhinestones applied to the heads of the 5 butterflies
- sentiment tucked under part of the butterflies and glued in place
- Whisper White CS glued onto the end of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here are some helpful links:
- It’s Sale-a-bration!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- January Host Code TGBRZYGE – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!