Beetles & Bugs, oh my! This is another stamp set I knew I had to have, without knowing what I would do with it. There are lots of possibilities. You could make something creepy crawly, or something with a pretty nature theme. Since the stamp images include pins, you could even make something scientific. The beetle I used for today’s card is at the bottom right of this picture:
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Wild Wasabi card stock (CS) to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Basic Black CS to 3-3/8″ x 4-7/8″ (large)
- Basic Black CS to 2-3/8″ x 2-3/4″ (small)
- Whisper White CS to 2-1/4″ x 2-5/8″
- Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack (DSP) to 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″
Stamped with the Beetles & Bugs stamp set:
- ants in Basic Black ink onto the Whisper White CS piece
- outline of beetle in Basic Black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- body of beetle in Wild Wasabi ink onto the beetle
- spots in Basic Black ink onto the beetle
Stamped with the Big on Birthdays stamp set:
- sentiment in Basic Black ink onto the DSP
Fussy cut using Paper Snips:
- the beetle, only around the outside. I didn’t try to cut out the white bits inside its legs or antennae.
Assembled the card:
- Beetle adhered to the Whisper White CS with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White CS glued to the small Basic Black CS
- Small Basic Black CS glued to the center of the DSP
- DSP glued to the large Basic Black CS
- Large Basic Black CS glued to the Wild Wasabi card base
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Now through March 31, you will earn a FREE item from the Sale-a-bration catalog for each $50 you spend on an order. See the items you can earn here.
PLUS you will earn a Gum Ball for every $50 you spend on an order with me. Earn 10 Gum Balls and I’ll send you a free stamp set of your choice! See Gum Ball Rewards for details.
Click here to shop my online store.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!