Today is National Bird Day and National Whipped Cream Day, so I made a card for both. I used the new Bird Banter stamp set to create the paper pieced birdie, and the Cupcake Cutout Framelits Dies and the new Shimmery White Embossing Paste to create the whipped cream. I think the plain white Embossing Paste may have been better, because the shimmery paste seems a bit too glittery for whipped cream. I’ve listed both in the product list farther down in this post.
I thought I was being quite clever, putting the bird on top of the whipped cream. Then a friend of mine saw the card and said it looked like the bird was on top of a pile of bird poo. But it isn’t – it’s whipped cream. Whipped cream, okay?
The card and envelope are from the Tutti Frutti Cards & Envelopes, on page 14 of the Sale-A-Bration Catalog. I used my Stampin’ Trimmer to cut a piece out from the card front, trim it down a little, then adhere it to a piece of Whisper Whit card stock glued to the inside.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- front of the card cut 1/2″ from all four sides, to cut out a 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ rectangle
- 1/8″ cut from all four sides of the striped rectangle
- Whisper White card stock (CS) cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- after the sentiment was stamped (see below) I trimmed it to within 1/8″ of the words on all four sides
Stamped with the Bird Banter stamp set:
- the bird image in Basic Gray ink onto three pieces of paper: 2 patterns from the Tutti Frutti Designer Series Paper (DSP) and a scrap of Whisper White CS
- party hat in Basic Gray ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- sentiment in Bermuda Bay ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Colored using Stampin’ Write Markers:
- party hat in Bermuda Bay
- bird’s head in Pool Party and Daffodil Delight
Cut using Paper Snips:
- full body of the bird from the Whisper White CS (I cut off the legs because they have sunk down into the whipped cream!)
- full body minus the head from the Real Red DSP
- wing from the Rich Razzleberry DSP
- party hat
- snipped the corners of the sentiment, after it was trimmed with the Stampin’ Trimmer
Cut using the Cupcake Cutouts Framelits:
- whipped cream shape from a scrap of Whisper White CS
Assembled the card:
- 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ Whisper White CS glued around the edges to the inside front of the card base
- striped rectangle adhered to the Whisper White CS with Foam Adhesive Strips. I put a piece along each edge and a few in the middle
- applied embossing paste to the whipped cream die cut with a Palette Knife, then set aside to dry for a few minutes
- three bird pieces glued together
- whipped cream glued to the card front
- bird glued above the whipped cream
- hat glued over bird’s head
- sentiment adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
- This is a fabulous time to join my team! Sale-A-Bration is the biggest event of the Stampin’ Up! year and you can save big on the ultimate bundle, the Starter Kit. CLICK HERE for more information. Contact me with any questions: email [email protected] or call/text 404-661-5222
- SAB Stamp Fest – ONLY 8 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER! It happens January 20. Details and register HERE by January 13!
- Newsletter: subscribe for exclusive deals, projects, and more! Enter your email address and click SUBSCRIBE at the top right of this page, just under the picture of my smiling face. You can also choose to receive an email every day that I have a blog post.
- Check out My Events Calendar HERE
- Host Code for the month of January (XNNMNZSZ) Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- My Thank You Gift to You in January: Silver Embossing Paste – Find out more HERE.
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me – email: [email protected] OR call/text: 404-661-5222
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!