Happy Cinco de Mayo! Today’s card is not a Cinco de Mayo card, but it was inspired by the colors in the graphic below: Poppy Parade, Call Me Clover, and Crushed Curry. I used the Bloom & Grow stamp set for the floral image and the sentiment, then watercolored using Stampin’ Ink Refills and an Aqua Painter. I also used a couple of Circle Punches and the Layering Circles Dies. If you prefer, you can use the dies for the three cut circles.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Last Chance Products:
These products will be retiring soon. Get them while you can!. See all the remaining items in my online store here.
S Cinco Cinco Cinco Cinco Cinco Cinco
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Call Me Clover card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Crushed Curry CS layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Watercolor Paper cut to 5″ x 2-1/2″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Bloom & Grow stamp set:
- floral image in Jet Black Stazon ink onto the Watercolor Paper layer
- sentiment in Jet Black Stazon ink onto a scrap of Watercolor Paper layer
Cut using the 2″ Circle Punch:
Cut using the 2-1/4″ Circle Punch:
- a scrap of Poppy Parade CS
Cut using the Layering Circles Dies:
- a scrap of Call Me Clover CS a little bigger than the Poppy Parade punched circle
Embossed using the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder:
- the Crushed Curry CS layer
Colored using an Aqua Painter & Stampin’ Ink Refills:
- flowers in Poppy Parade and Crushed Curry
- leaves in Call Me Clover and Crushed Curry
- sentiment background in Crushed Curry
- NOTE: I used a large acrylic block as a paint palette. I didn’t put water in the Aqua Painter. Instead I used a bowl of water and a paper towel to more precisely control the amount of water.
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- embossed Crushed Curry CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Watercolor Paper layer glued onto the Crushed Curry CS
- 2 pieces of ribbon adhered onto the Crushed Curry CS layer using Tear & Tape
- sentiment glued onto the Poppy Parade CS circle
- Poppy Parade CS circle glued onto the Call Me Clover CS circle
- Call Me Clover CS circle glued over ribbon and layers
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s Cinco de Mayo colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Last Chance Products – get them while you can!
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- May Host Code TA9CGEQM – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!