Today’s card was made using the Rooted in Nature stamp set and Brusho Crystals. Just look at how close the Brilliant Red crystals and Lovely Lipstick are in color. It’s a really easy card, but packs a visual punch.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Lovely Lipstick card stock (CS) cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Shimmery White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Rooted in Nature stamp set:
- sentiment in Memento black ink onto a scrap of Shimmery White CS
Die cut using the Layering Circles Framelits:
- larger circle from a scrap of Basic Black CS
Colored using Brusho Crystals:
- spritzed the Shimmery White CS layer with water, then sprinkled on Brilliant Red crystals
- allow to dry completely (You can speed the drying process with a heat tool.)
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Brusho layer glued onto the front of the card base
- sentiment glued onto the Basic Black CS circle
- black thread wrapped around my fingers several times, then adhered to the back of the Basic Black circle using Tear & Tape
- Basic Black circle glued onto the Brusho layer
- Basic Black Faceted Dots applied to the sentiment
- NOTE: The black metallic thread is retired, but you can use one of the current colors, or even Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine. I’ve listed these in the product list below.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here are two amazing July offers:
1) Free ink pads:
- Join my team by July 31 and receive a family of 10 ink pads for free!
- In addition to everything you already get with the Starter Kit!
- Click the image for more information
2) Designer Series Paper Sale:
- Buy 3 packs of select DSP and receive 1 pack free
- Mix and match
- Stock up on all your favorites
- Click the image for details and to purchase
Here’s some more stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- July Host Code F2ZF736E– receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!