Welcome to the Candy Hearts Blog Hop for April 2020! This month we are featuring projects for Mother’s Day. I wanted to make something that reflects this particular Mother’s Day, during the COVID 19 pandemic. That’s when I decided on the sweet little pig from the This Little Piggy stamp set, because I had seen someone else put a mask on her/him, and I thought it was just adorable. I took the colors from the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper I used for the background layer: Petal Pink, Pool Party, and Whisper White. Be sure to hop around to all the stops, because you don’t want to miss any of the great projects from the Candy Hearts! I can’t wait to see what they share!
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Pool Party card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Whisper White CS cut to 3/4″ x 1/2″
- Whisper White CS cut to 1/8″ x 1/2″ (2 pieces)
- optional: Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Scored using the Simply Scored tool:
- 3/4″ x 1/2″ Whisper White CS piece every 1/8″
Stamped with the This Little Piggy stamp set:
- pig in Petal Pink ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS (masking the sentiment on the bottom, and only inking up the pig)
Stamped with the Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set:
- sentiment in Pool Party ink just below the pig
Cut using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies:
- pig using the second largest scalloped rectangular die
- a scrap of Pool Party CS using the largest scalloped rectangular die
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- pig in both Dark and Light Petal Pink
- pig’s feet in Light Crumb Cake
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- 1/8″ strips glued onto the pig’s face, then the scored piece glued over that to create the mask
- pig layer glued onto the Pool Party die cut layer at an angle
- Pool Party die cut layer glued onto the DSP layer at an angle
- Petal Pink ribbon tied in a bow and adhered onto the pig layer using Mini Glue Dots
- optional: Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the Mother’s Day hop:
Thank you for hopping with the Hearts today! Be sure to hop all the way around. You don’t want to miss any of the creativity in this talented group of stampers!
- Candy Ford of Stamp Candy <———-YOU ARE HERE!!!
- Joanne Brown of Stamping with Jojo
- Linda Krueger of The Stamp Coach
Here are today’s main colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List Click “Supply List” for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- April Host Code YUSFAX63 – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!