Before I get to today’s card made with the Carousel Birthday stamp set, I want to announce the winner of the blog candy from Tuesday’s post, which you can see here. There were 13 entries, and the lucky winner of the Basket Bunch bundle is…
#5 Caitlin Jones!
Congratulations, Caitlin! I’ll get your bundle sent right out to you!
Now on to today’s project. The Carousel Birthday stamp set and the Cupcakes and Carousels Designer Series Paper (DSP) are so fun! I really enjoyed making this birthday card. I designed it for a class I recently taught at a Girl Scout Leaders camp.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Peekaboo Peach card stock (CS) to 4-1/4″ x 11″, and scored in half at 5-1/2″.
- Calypso Coral CS to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″.
- Early Espresso CS to 4″ x 5-1/4″.
- Bermuda Bay CS to 3-1/4″ x 3-7/8″.
- Very Vanilla CS to 3-1/8″ x 3-3/4″ for the front.
- Very Vanilla CS to 4″ x 5-1/4″, for the inside.
Stamped with the Carousel Birthday stamp set:
- Ferris wheel in Early Espresso ink onto the front piece of Very Vanilla CS.
- sentiment in Early Espresso ink onto the inside piece of Very Vanilla CS.
- carousel horse in Calypso Coral ink onto the inside piece of Very Vanilla CS.
Die cut using the Up & Away Thinlits:
- “cupcake tops” for Ferris wheel from Peekaboo Peach CS and Calypso Coral CS
Assembled the card:
- DSP glued onto the bottom part of the Early Espresso CS.
- wrapped a 5-1/2″ length of Bermuda Bay ribbon around the Early Espresso CS, along the top of the DSP, and adhered on the back with Fast Fuse.
- slid a smaller piece of ribbon under the first piece of ribbon and tied in a simple knot.
- die cut pieces glued to the Ferris wheel image.
- front Very Vanilla CS glued onto Bermuda Bay CS.
- Bermuda CS glued to Early Espresso/DSP, with the ribbon knot at the left.
- Early Espresso CS glued to the Calypso Coral CS
- Calypso Coral CS glued to the Peekaboo Peach card base.
- Very Vanilla CS with sentiment glued to the inside of the card base.
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Now through March 31, you will earn a FREE item from the Sale-a-bration catalog for each $50 you spend on an order. See the items you can earn here.
PLUS you will earn a Gum Ball for every $50 you spend on an order with me. Earn 10 Gum Balls and I’ll send you a free stamp set of your choice! See Gum Ball Rewards for details.
Click here to shop my online store now!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!