During this time of sheltering in place, all the news has put me in a bit of a funk. I haven’t felt creative at all, so I started looking around online for inspiration. I CASEd today’s card from B.J.Peters of www.stampinbj.com. Since I worked from the photo, it isn’t made exactly like hers. I used some products from the Peaceful Poppies Suite: Peaceful Moment and Painted Poppies stamp sets, Poppy Moments Dies, and Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper.
CASE means Copy and Share Everything, or Copy and Selectively Edit.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Poppy Parade card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored at 2-3/4″ and 8-1/4″, then cut according to the diagram below, removing the green areas to create a 1″ x 2-3/4″ flap
- Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 2-1/2″ x 4″ (flowers)
- DSP layer cut to 2-1/2″ x 3/4″ (stripes)
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Painted Poppies stamp set:
- small flowers (twice to span the full width of the paper) in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the bottom edge of the Whisper White CS
Stamped with the Peaceful Moments stamp set:
- sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto upper right corner of the Whisper White CS
Cut using the Poppy Moments Dies:
- large flower from a scrap of Poppy Parade CS (2 pieces)
- large flower overlay from a scrap of Calypso Coral CS
- flower center from a scrap of Basic Black CS
- leaf from a scrap of Old Olive CS
- leaf overlay from a scrap of Mossy Meadow CS
Colored using a Stampin’ Blends Marker:
- small flowers in Dark Poppy Parade
Assembled the card:
- burnished the folds in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
- larger DSP layer glued onto the left front flap
- smaller DSP layer glued onto the right front flap
- flower overlay glued onto one of the solid flowers
- flower center glued onto the overlay
- leaf overlay glued onto the leaf, then glued onto the back of the flower
- flower glued onto the end of the small flap
- remaining solid flower glued onto the back of the first flower, to hide where it’s all glued together
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List Click “Supply List” above for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- April Host Code YUSFAX63 – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!