You may already know that I enjoy Halloween. Well, I don’t just enjoy Halloween; I love Halloween. I mean, I am a Halloween nut! So of course, I’ve really been enjoying playing with the Cauldron Bubble bundle (Cauldron Bubble stamp set and Cauldron Framelits Dies) and the coordinating Toil & Trouble Designer Series Paper (DSP.) The images are adorable and fun, as well as creepy and scary. You can see the entire Toil & Trouble Suite of products here.
I like Stampin’s Up!’s write up of the Cauldron Bubble stamp set in the online store. Isn’t this a hoot?
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and caldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the caldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder’s fork and blind-worm’s sting,
Yes, it’s Halloween, let’s sing!
One of my favorite items in the whole suite is the DSP with frogs. These little critters are so funny, especially the one with all four limbs outstretched, like it’s jumping for joy. You can see one of these in the bottom left corner of today’s card.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Granny Apple Green card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Basic Black CS cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Toil & Trouble Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic Black CS cut to 4″ x 1″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 7/8″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card
Stamped with the Cauldron Bubble stamp set:
- sentiment in Granny Apple Green ink onto the Whisper White CS strip
- frog in black Memento ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- frog in Granny Apple Green
Die cut using the Cauldron Framelits:
- stamped frog
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Basic Black CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- DSP layer glued onto the Basic Black CS layer
- Basic Black CS strip glued onto the DSP layer
- sentiment strip glued onto the Basic Black CS strip
- die cut frog glued onto the sentiment strip
- 2 Basic Black Faceted Dots applied to the sentiment strip
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s the new Dashing Along September special from Stampin’ Up:
- Receive one pack of Dashing Along Designer Series Paper with any $250 order in September!
- Perfect for layering, this beautiful, traditional Christmas paper includes a mix of old favorites and new patterns to create a festive, eclectic feel.
- Item number 149903
- 12 sheets: 3 double-sided sheets (6 total designs); 4 sheets of each design – perfect for making lots of Christmas cards!
- 12″ x 12″
- Promotion period: September 1–30
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper is exclusive to this promotion and will not be available after September 30.
- In order to qualify, the event merchandise total must reach $250 (before shipping and handling).
- One package of Designer Series Paper may be redeemed per qualifying order, with no limit on how many packages of Designer Series Paper can be earned.
- Demonstrator, Customer, Workshop, and online orders qualify.
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper may not be redeemed using Stampin’ Rewards. You will receive this FREE gift with a qualifying order in addition to any Stampin’ Rewards you may earn.
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper may not be exchanged for other paper.
Here’s some more cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- September Host Code NGABG9PN – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!