Today I’m sharing another card I made using the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle (Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set and Sunflowers Dies) and the PPPST (Paper Piecing Press n Seal Technique.) A couple people have said the flower looks like it’s crocheted.
I think I’m sort of addicted to this technique. I mean I just can’t stop using it. Today’s card is similar to another one I made recently using the PPPST. You can see that card here.
Be sure to check back tomorrow to see the card I made using the leftovers from today’s card!
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate
Here’s the bundle:
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Whisper White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Flirty Flamingo CS layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Granny Apple Green CS layer cut ti 3-7/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Whisper White CS (regular or thick) layer cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
Stamped with the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set:
- sentiment in Granny Apple Green ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- large sunflower in Versamark ink onto a scrap of Flirty Flamingo CS, then heat embossed in white
- 2 leaves in Granny Apple Green ink onto a scrap of Granny Apple Green CS
Cut using the Sunflower Dies:
- stamped sunflower using the large detailed sunflower die
- scrap of Flirty Flamingo CS using the large detailed sunflower die
- stamped leaves using the detailed leaf die
- 2 leaves from a scrap of Old Olive CS using the detailed leaf die
- Note: I pressed a piece of Press n Seal plastic wrap over the die cuts to keep all the pieces in place
Cut using the Stitched Rectangles Dies:
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Flirty Flamingo CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Granny Apple Green CS layer glued onto the Flirty Flamingo CS layer
- Whisper White CS layer glued onto the Granny Apple Green CS layer
- outline pieces of the plain Flirty Flamingo sunflower and the Old Olive leaf die cuts removed from the Press n Seal, then glued onto the Whisper White CS layer
- outline of the stamped and embossed sunflower pulled away from the Press n Seal
- stamped and embossed sunflower petals (and center piece) glued onto the Whisper White CS layer, putting them inside the outline piece
- outline of the Granny Apple Green leaf die cuts removed from the Press n Seal
- inner pieces of the Granny Apple Green leaves glued inside the Old Olive outlines
- outline of the stamped and embossed sunflower glued onto the Flirty Flamingo outline piece, glueing only around the center and leaving the petal outlines loose
- sentiment adhered onto the Whisper White CS layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- June Host Code DXD9JX2S – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!