Today I’m sharing another card I made using the new Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle (Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set & Sunflowers Dies.) I colored some Whisper White ribbon with a Dark So Saffron Stampin’ Blends Marker. And I used Press & Seal plastic wrap to move lots of tiny die cut pieces from the die cutting machine to the card.
You can find Press n Seal at most any grocery store with the other plastic wraps and plastic bags.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S celebrate sunflowers celebrate sunflowers celebrate sunflowers celebrate sunflowers celebrate sunflowers
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Just Jade card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- So Saffron CS layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Just Jade CS layer cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Celebrate Sunflowers stamps set:
- large sunflower in Crushed Curry ink onto a scrap of So Safffron CS
- sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink onto a scrap of So Saffron CS
- NOTE: I didn’t have Just Jade ink yet, so I used Shaded Spruce instead.
Cut using the Sunflowers Dies:
- stamped sunflower using the detailed sunflower die, and covered it with Press & Seal plastic wrap before lifting it up, to keep the pieces in place
- 2 detailed flowers from a scrap of Cinnamon Cider CS
- 1 leaf from a scrap of Just Jade CS
Cut using the Layering Ovals Dies:
Colored using a Stampin’ Blends Marker:
- Whisper White 1/2″ Faux Linen Ribbon in Dark So Saffron
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- So Saffron CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- 5″ of colored ribbon adhered onto the Just Jade CS layer using Tear & Tape, wrapping the ends around to the back
- more colored ribbon looped back and forth and adhered onto the first piece of ribbon, using Tear & Tape
- sentiment adhered onto the ribbon using Tear & Tape
- Just Jade CS layer glued onto the So Saffron CS layer
- glue applied onto the backs of the die cut (petals only) of the stamped sunflower, then the Press & Seal turned over, lining it up with the card, and glued it onto the Just Jade CS layer
- peeled up the Press & Seal slowly and carefully, to make sure the petals stick to the layer and not to the plastic wrap
- one of the Cinnamon Cider CS sunflowers glued over the stamped one, lining it up with the stamped petals
- second Cinnamon Cider CS sunflowers glued, only in the center, over the first one, turning so the pieces don’t line up exactly, and fluffing up the petal area with my fingers
- die cut leaf glued onto the Whisper White CS for the inside
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- June Host Code DXD9JX2S – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!