Today I’m sharing Make & Take projects I designed for our Candy Hearts August team meeting. I used several new products from the 2018 Holiday catalog (which goes live in just 5 days!): Christmas Traditions Punch Box, Farmhouse Christmas stamp set, Sprig Punch, Corrugated Dynamic embossing folder, Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper, 5/8″ Striped Burlap Trim, and Festive Farmhouse Cotton Twine. I designed the projects in two different color schemes, because I didn’t have enough of one for everyone at the meeting. Other that the colors, they are identical.
I learned how to make the Mini Self Close Boxes from Hilary Sosebee, who got it from Dani Dziama, who got it from Jana Trautmann. I have no idea who originated the design. If you know, please tell me so I can give them credit. The way the box is scored and folded keeps it closed at the top. You just squeeze the sides in to open it. It will hold 1 or 2 chocolate candies, depending on their size.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s how I made the cards:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Cherry Cobbler card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Mossy Meadow CS cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ (one for each card – I used a red/black design for the red card base and a red/green design for the green card base
- Crumb Cake CS cut to 2-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (one for each card)
- Very Vanilla CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base (one for each card)
Stamped with the Farmhouse Christmas stamp set:
- sentiment in Memento black ink onto a scrap of Very Vanilla CS
- sentiment in Mossy Meadow onto a scrap of Very Vanilla CS
Embossed using the Corrugated Dynamic TIEF:
- the Crumb Cake CS pieces
Die cut using the Layering Circles Framelits:
Cut using the Sprig Punch:
- two pieces from a scrap of Basic Black CS
- two pieces from a scrap of Mossy Meadow CS
Assembled the cards:
- burnished the fold in the card bases with a Bone Folder
- DSP layers glued onto the fronts of the card bases
- embossed Crumb Cake CS layers glued onto the DSP layers
- striped burlap ribbon adhered over the Crumb Cake CS layers using Tear & Tape
- punched twigs glued to the back of the sentiments
- sentiment/twigs glued onto the Crumb Cake CS layers
- Very Vanilla CS glued onto the inside of the card bases
Here’s how I made the boxes:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- DSP cut to 4-1/4″ x 2-7/8″
- on the longer side, scored at 2″ and 4″
- on the shorter side, scored at 1/2″ from each side
- along the bottom (long side with the 1/4″ section at the right) scored at 1″ and 3″ – only up to the first horizontal score line
- cut along the short score lines along the bottom (at 1″, 2″, 3″ and 4″) and along the top (at 2″)
- cut away the two tiny rectangles, one at top right and one at bottom right
- scored diagonally from the top left corner (on the upper horizontal score line) down to the cut at 1″ (on the lower horizontal score line)*
- scored 3 more diagonal lines, between the two horizontal lines, as shown in the photo below*
- * You may find the diagonal score lines easier using a ruler and stylus
- optional: cut a piece of coordinating card stock (CS) to 1″ x 1″
Cut using the Detailed Trio Punch:
- folded the DSP in the middle and rounded the two top corners
Stamped using the Christmas Traditions stamp set:
- sentiment in Memento black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Cut using the Christmas Traditions Punch:
Assembled the boxes:
- burnished all the score lines using a Bone Folder
- applied Tear & Tape to the small tab (on the outside) and adhered it to the inside of the opposite end
- opened the bottom, folded in the four flaps, and glued in place
- optional: glued the 1″ x 1″ CS to the bottom of the box
- tied a piece of twine (Basic Black/Mossy Meadow) around the tops of the boxes (You might want to secure it using a Mini Glue Dot.)
- glued sentiments onto the fronts of the boxes
- To open the box, just squeeze in the two sides.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here are 3 great deals that end today!
1) Color Your Seasons Special
Stampin’ Up!’s® Blended Seasons Stamp Set, coordinating Framelits™ Dies, and Watercolor Pencils are perfect for every season of creating! Plus, save 10% when you buy the stamp set and Framelits in a bundle! But don’t wait—these exclusive products are only available until August 31 while supplies last. So get in the mood to create something full of colors and seasons!
Introducing the all-new, limited-time Color Your Season products:
- Blended Seasons Stamp Set, an exclusive 12-piece wood- or clear-mount stamp set with images for every season – #149019 @ $53 (wood blocks included); #149016 @ $39 (suggested clear blocks: b, c, e, g, h)
- Stitched Season Framelits Dies, a coordinating stitched die that includes stitching on both the positive and negative images! #149013 @ $33. Has10 dies. Largest die: 4-7/8″ x 3-3/8″.
- Save 10%! Blended Seasons BUNDLE – BLENDED SEASONS STAMP SET + STITCHED SEASONS FRAMELITS DIES – Wood-mount #149893 @ $77.25, Clear-mount #149894 @ $64.75
- Watercolor Pencils in 10 new colors! #149014 @ $12.50. Acid free, lignin free.10 pencils in Stampin’ Up! colors: Balmy Blue, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo, Garden Green, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy
- Products available while supplies last until August 31, 2018 – while supplies last
- Items may be included as part of a new demonstrator’s Starter Kit.
2) Bonus Days
- For every $50 you spend on an order in August, you will receive a $5 coupon to use in September!
- There is no limit to the number of coupons you may earn.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can be delivered only via email.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits, demonstrator supply items, and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions.) Although new prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted with Bonus Days coupon codes.
3) Buy 10 Stampin’ Ink pads in August and get one FREE!!
- Buy any 10 ink pads from me in August, I will give you another one FREE!
- Contact me to place your order, so I can add your FREE ink pad!
Here’s the new Dashing Along special that begins tomorrow!
- Receive one pack of Dashing Along Designer Series Paper with any $250 order in September!
- Item number 149903
- Promotion period: September 1–30
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper is exclusive to the host promotion and will not be available after September 30.
- In order to qualify, the event merchandise total must reach $250 (before shipping and handling).
- One package of Designer Series Paper may be redeemed per qualifying order, with no limit on how many packages of Designer Series Paper can be earned.
- All order types qualify, whether it’s a workshop with a host, and individual order, and online order, or a demonstrator order.
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper may not be redeemed using Stampin’ Rewards. You will receive this FREE gift with a qualifying order in addition to any Stampin’ Rewards you may earn.
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper may not be exchanged for other paper.
Here’s some more cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- August Host Code YRU4UHA4– receive free product!
- September Host Code NGABG9PN – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!