It’s time for the ICS Blog Hop! I can’t wait to see all the great projects made by the amazing stampers in this group! This month’s theme is Christmas Cards Galore. I opted to make a very peaceful Christmas card. I used the Christmas Staircase Thinlits Dies, the Christmas Traditions Punch Box, and Subtles Designer Series Paper. The white dots on the DSP looks like big fluffy snow, don’t they? I love how serene it is. And the best part? It’s very simple to make, but it looks complicated.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Balmy Blue card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Balmy Blue Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Christmas Traditions stamp set:
- image in Balmy Blue ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- NOTE: I prefer to use the thick CS for certain cut pieces, especially if they are adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals. You can use regular or thick white CS for everything on the card, if you only have one.
Cut using the Christmas Traditions Punch:
- stamped image
Die cut using the Christmas Staircase Thinlits:
- one tree shape
- six boughs
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- die cut tree glued onto the DSP layer
- die cut coughs glued onto the tree: 3 at the bottom, 2 in the middle, then 1 at the top
- stamped image adhered onto the tree using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the hop:
Be sure to follow the hop all the way around. You don’t want to miss any of the terrific projects! Click the button below to hop along to the next stop, Janey Backer of Inspired Stamping.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
The Year-End Closeout has officially begun! During this promotion, you will be able to save on a selection of retiring and surplus items—while supplies last. Definitely place your orders sooner rather than later, because supplies are limited and the Year-End Closeout ends on January 2. After that, some of your favorite retiring items may be gone for good!
- Become a Candy Heart!
- Join my team and you can order the new products right now, instead of having to wait another month!
- No selling required! I welcome Hobby Demos! (Hobby Demos join to get the discount for themselves.)
- CLICK HERE for the details!
Here’s more stuff to check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- December Host Code 3CXZMQ2Q – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!