Today is my brother’s birthday. I won’t say how old he is, just that he’s much, much older than I am. 😀 But seriously, Happy Birthday, Bo! The new Classic Garage Suite in the 2019 Occasions Catalog is perfect for his birthday card. It has cars and motorcycles and gears and tools and – you get the idea – all things that he has always enjoyed tinkering with. For today’s card I used the Geared Up Garage stamp set, Garage Gears Thinlits dies, and Classic Garage Designer Series Paper (DSP.) I love that you can cut some of the images from the DSP using the dies! It’s how I cut the car and all the gears for today’s card.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Tranquil Tide card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Classic Garage DSP cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ (gray background)
- DSP cut to 4″ x 1″ (yellow banner)
- Whisper White CS cut to 3″ x 1/2″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card
Stamped with the Geared Up Garage stamp set:
- front sentiment in Tranquil Tide ink onto the Whisper White CS strip
- inside sentiment in Tranquil Tide ink onto the 5-1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White CS
- nuts in Basic Gray ink onto the 5-1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White CS
Die cut using the Garage Gears Thinlits:
- car and gears from the DSP
Cut using the Banner Triple Punch:
- both ends of the yellow DSP strip
- both ends of the stamped Whisper White CS strip
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- largest DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- gears glued onto the largest DSP layer
- car glued onto the yellow DSP banner
- sentiment glued onto the car and DSP banner
- DSP banner with car and sentiment adhered over the gears using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. The first 4 items from the Classic Garage Suite will be available to purchase January 3, 2019. Everything else is available now.
The Year-End Closeout has officially begun! During this promotion, you will be able to save on a selection of retiring and surplus items—while supplies last. Definitely place your orders sooner rather than later, because supplies are limited and the Year-End Closeout ends on January 2. After that, some of your favorite retiring items may be gone for good!
- Become a Candy Heart!
- Join my team and you can order the new products right now, instead of having to wait another month!
- No selling required! I welcome Hobby Demos! (Hobby Demos join to get the discount for themselves.)
- CLICK HERE for the details!
Here’s more stuff to check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- December Host Code 3CXZMQ2Q – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!