For today’s card, I created a seaside scene: a chair and a drink in the sand in front of the waves and sunset. I colored some embossing paste with a Sahara Sand reinker for the sand, and I tore strips of cardstock to make the waves. I made today’s card for the Global Design Project theme challenge this week: Take Me to the Sea. You can see their web site here.
Here’s the Take Me to the Sea theme challenge:
Here’s what I made:
Ah, the sea. Wouldn’t you like to be sitting here right now watching the waves and the sunset?
The sea is torn cardstock and the sand is colored embossing paste.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Night of Navy card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Sahara Sand CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Balmy Blue CS cut to 4″ x 3″
- Soft Sea Foam, Night of Navy, Pacific Point, and Tranquil Tide CS cut to 4″ x 1″
- Coastal Cabana CS cut to 4″ x 2
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
Stamped with the Colorful Seasons stamp set:
- sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto the Balmy Blue CS
- dring in Real Red & Blueberry Bushel inks onto a scrap fo Whisper White CS
- NOTE: I colored the drink stamp using Stampin’ Write Markers in Real Red & Blueberry Bliss
Die cut using the Seasonal Layers Thinlits:
- chair from a scrap of Whisper White CS
- stamped drink
Cut using the 1″ Circle Punch:
- a scrap of Pumpkin Pie CS
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- mixed Sahara Sand ink into some Shimmery White Embossing Paste, using palette knife on a craft sheet
- spread the paste onto the bottom part of the Sahara Sand CS layer using a palette knife, and let dry
- Balmy Blue CS layer glued onto the top of the Sahara Sand CS layer
- Pumpkin Pie CS circle glued onto the Balmy Blue CS layer
- CS strips torn along the top edge using my fingers
- bottom of the Coastal Cabana CS strip cut in a curve using Paper Snips
- torn strips layered and glued onto the Balmy Blue/Sahara Sand CS layer to create the waves in the sea
- chair and drink glued onto the embossing paste
- mixed a little more Sahara Sand embossing paste and covered the bottoms of the drink and chair, using a palette knife, and let dry
- the whole thing glued onto the front of the card base
- Whisper White CS layer glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here are 3 amazing limited time offers – August only!:
1) Color Your Seasons Special, August 1-31, 2018, While Supplies Last!
Stampin’ Up!’s® Blended Seasons Stamp Set, coordinating Framelits™ Dies, and Watercolor Pencils are perfect for every season of creating! Plus, save 10% when you buy the stamp set and Framelits in a bundle! But don’t wait—these exclusive products are only available until August 31 while supplies last. So get in the mood to create something full of colors and seasons!
Introducing the all-new, limited-time Color Your Season products:
- Blended Seasons Stamp Set, an exclusive 12-piece wood- or clear-mount stamp set with images for every season – #149019 @ $53 (wood blocks included); #149016 @ $39 (suggested clear blocks: b, c, e, g, h)
- Stitched Season Framelits Dies, a coordinating stitched die that includes stitching on both the positive and negative images! #149013 @ $33. Has10 dies. Largest die: 4-7/8″ x 3-3/8″.
- Save 10%! Blended Seasons BUNDLE – BLENDED SEASONS STAMP SET + STITCHED SEASONS FRAMELITS DIES – Wood-mount #149893 @ $77.25, Clear-mount #149894 @ $64.75
- Watercolor Pencils in 10 new colors! #149014 @ $12.50. Acid free, lignin free.10 pencils in Stampin’ Up! colors: Balmy Blue, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo, Garden Green, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy
- Products available while supplies last until August 31, 2018 – while supplies last
- Items may be included as part of a new demonstrator’s Starter Kit.
2) Bonus Days are back!
- For every $50 you spend on an order in August, you will receive a $5 coupon to use in September!
- There is no limit to the number of coupons you may earn.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can be delivered only via email.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits, demonstrator supply items, and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions.) Although new prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted with Bonus Days coupon codes.
3) Buy 10 Stampin’ Ink pads in August and get one FREE!!
- Buy any 10 ink pads from me in August, I will give you another one FREE!
- Contact me to place your order, so I can add your FREE ink pad!
Here’s some more cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- August Host Code YRU4UHA4– receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!