Do you like cheesy dad jokes? No, me neither. But dads sure do like them. That’s why the Dad Jokes stamp set is perfect for guy cards. It’s full of silly dad jokes and images to go with them. For today’s card, I used one of the jokes but decided to make my own slice of pizza instead of using the pizza stamp from the set, because that’s just how I do things sometimes. It has cheese, olives, and pepperoni. I used the Party Hat Builder Framelits Dies for the pizza slice and the crust. Look at this card upside down and you’ll see the party hat. The only item not from Stampin’ Up! I used is a 1/4″ circle punch. We all probably have at least one of those lying around, don’t we?
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Early Espresso card stock (CS) cut to 11″ x 4-1/4″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Watercolor Paper cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Very Vanilla CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card
- Very Vanilla CS cut to 1/8″ strips of various lengths, about 3/4″ – 1-1/4″
Stamped with the Dad Jokes stamp set:
- sentiments in Early Espresso ink onto the Very Vanilla CS
Die cut using the Party Hat Builder Framelits:
- pizza base from Real Red CS
- pizza crust from Crumb Cake CS
Colored using an Aqua Painter:
- Watercolor Paper in Early Espresso ink
Punched using Circle Punches :
- Cajun Craze CS using the 3/4″ punch
- Old Olive CS using the 1/2″ punch
- Real Red CS using a 1/4″ punch
Colored using a Sponge Dauber:
- assembled pizza slice, crinkled up pepperoni, cheese using Early Espresso ink (see below)
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- watercolor paper (thoroughly dried) glued onto the front of the card base
- Crumb Cake pizza crust glued onto the Real Red pizza slice
- Very Vanilla CS strips glued onto the pizza slice
- real Red 1/4″ circles glued onto the 1/2″ Old Olive CS circles, then glued onto the pizza
- Cajun Craze circles crinkled up in your hand, then laid out flat and sponged (see above)
- edges of crust and toppings “toasted” using a Sponge Dauber and Early Espresso ink
- pizza slice glued onto the Watercolor Paper
- Very Vanilla CS with sentiments glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
- This is a fabulous time to join my team! Sale-A-Bration is the biggest event of the Stampin’ Up! year and you can save big on the ultimate bundle, the Starter Kit. CLICK HERE for more information. Contact me with any questions: email [email protected] or call/text 404-661-5222
- Newsletter: subscribe for exclusive deals, projects, and more! Enter your email address and click SUBSCRIBE at the top right of this page, just under the picture of my smiling face. You can also choose to receive an email every day that I have a blog post.
- Check out My Events Calendar HERE
- Host Code for the month of February (2T9AQTKG) Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- My Thank You Gift to You in February: Narrow Note Cards & Envelopes – Find out more HERE.
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me – email: [email protected] OR call/text: 404-661-5222
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!