Today I’m sharing the card I made for the Candy Hearts card swap for November. I used the Dashing Deer Bundle and Dashing Along Designer Series Paper to create this card with multiple layers. I cut some of the pieces using the Layering Circles Framelits Dies and the Lakeside Framelits Dies.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Cherry Cobbler card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Garden Green CS cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- DSP cut to 4″ x 1-1/2″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Dashing Deer stamp set:
- 2 deer and the sentiment in Garden Green ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- flourish in Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green inks onto the Whisper White CS for the inside of the card base
- NOTE: I colored the flourish stamp using Stampin’ Write Markers
Die cut using the Detailed Deer Thinlits:
- the 2 deer
Die cut using the Lakeside Framelits:
Die cut using the Layering Circles Framelits:
- a scrap of vellum CS into a circle
- a scrap of Cherry Cobbler CS into the same size circle, then the center cut out using a smaller die, to create a frame
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Garden Green CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- larger DSP layer glued onto the Garden Green CS layer
- Cherry Cobbler CS frame glued onto the vellum circle
- vellum circle glued onto the larger DSP layer (put glue only where it would be hidden under the Cherry Cobbler frame)
- smaller DSP layer glued onto the larger DSP layer, covering the bottom part of the circles
- deer glued onto the vellum
- sentiment adhered onto the smaller DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 2 Red Rhinestones applied to the sentiment
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
The Year-End Closeout has officially begun! During this promotion, you will be able to save on a selection of retiring and surplus items—while supplies last. Definitely place your orders sooner rather than later, because supplies are limited and the Year-End Closeout ends on January 2. After that, some of your favorite retiring items may be gone for good!
Here’s how to get your copy of the new catalogs:
Just click on this button and I’ll send you the new catalogs, along with a list of the bundles, the Designer Series Paper coordinating colors, and a handmade card!
- Become a Candy Heart!
- Join my team and you can order the new products right now, instead of having to wait another month!
- No selling required! I welcome Hobby Demos! (Hobby Demos join to get the discount for themselves.)
- CLICK HERE for the details!
Here’s more stuff to check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- December Host Code 3CXZMQ2Q – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!