Today’s card is a sweet one for friend. I made it using the adorable Fable Friends stamp set and the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies. I colored the image using Watercolor Pencils, then smoothed out the color using a Blender Pen. The striped background piece is from the Brights Designer Series Paper.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Old Olive card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Daffodil Delight Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 3″ x 5″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Fable Friends stamp set:
- squirrel in black Stazon ink onto a piece of Whisper White CS
- grass in Old Olive ink around the squirrel
- sentiment in Pacific Point in onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Colored using Watercolor Pencils:
- squirrel in Early Espresso, colored lightly, and smoothed it out with a Blender Pen
- shirt and top of hat in Pacific Point
- leaf & stem in Old Olive
- flower center in Daffodil Delight
Die cut using the Rectangle Stitched Framelits:
- squirrel layer, with the squirrel near the top
- mat for squirrel layer from a piece of Pacific Point CS
- mat for sentiment from a scrap of Daffodil Delight CS
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Pacific Point CS layer glued over the DSP layer
- squirrel layer glued onto the Pacific Point CS layer
- Daffodil Delight CS layer glued over the squirrel layer
- sentiment glued onto the Daffodil Delight CS layer
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Preorder the Vibrant Vases Online Class by Wednesday, April 10:
- Make 6 gorgeous cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- perfect for assorted occasions including love, celebration, and thanks
- You’ll receive all you need to make the cards, including the stamp set, punch, and the precut/prescored card kits PLUS a stamping template for the punch.
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and class options:
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- NEW Storage by Stampin’ Up!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- April Host Code G – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!