The Floral Statements stamp set has two images, each a single word with flowers all around, that are perfect for coloring. I used the Hello sentiment on today’s card, and watercolored the whole layer using an Aqua Painter and inks. I like to put the ink on a clear acrylic block and use that as my palette. It works well and it’s so easy to clean! I cut the layers for the card using the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies, a set of dies that I use more and more often. That little bit of stitching around the edges adds so much to the look of a card, and it’s quicker than cutting a plain layer with a trimmer!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Lovely Lipstick card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Floral Statements stamp set:
- Hello image in black Stazon ink onto a piece of Watercolor Paper
Die cut using the Rectangle Stitched Framelits:
- stamped image
- Basic Black CS layer
- Pear Pizzazz CS layer
Colored using an Aqua Painter:
- flowers in Lovely Lipstick ink
- flower centers in Pineapple Punch ink
- leaves in Pear Pizzazz ink
- background in Pool Party ink
- let dry completely
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Pear Pizzazz CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Basic Black CS layer glued onto the Pear Pizzazz CS layer
- watercolor paper layer glued onto the Basic Black CS layer
- 3 black sequins glued onto the stamped layer
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Supply List <– Click here to download a clickable and printable Supply List!
Preorder the Sweetest Thing Online Card Class by April 24:
- Make 6 cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Features the Sweetest Thing Bundle and the How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper
- Featured colors: Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Pineapple Punch, Whisper White
- I’ve done the cutting, scoring, and embossing for you!
- You’ll receive all you need to make the cards, including the stamp set, dies, ink pad, the precut/prescored/pre-embossed card kits, and 6 Whisper White envelopes.
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and class options, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://stampcandy.net/online-classes/sweetest-thing-card-class-preorder/
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- NEW Storage by Stampin’ Up!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- April Host Code GDG7WK3J – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!