I save paper scraps, as most of us thrifty paper crafters do. I have a lot of paper scraps. I mean a LOT. I have a drawer for each color, and almost all of them are full. I also save extra pieces that I don’t end up using on projects. So I decided to use up some of them. You’ll see them on several of my cards in the near future, including today. See all those pink strips in the background? Those are card stock strips that had been cut off of other projects. The Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Designer Series Paper allows the pinks to show through while also tying them all together. The sentiment, from the Flowing Fountain stamp set, was cut using the Pretty Label Punch. And that’s on a piece of cardstock cut using the gorgeous label die from the Rose Trellis Thinlits Dies.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Crumb Cake card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Crumb Cake CS cut to 5″ x 3-1/2″
- Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 5″ x 3-1/2″
- scraps of Petal Pink, Powder Pink, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, and Melon Mambo CS cut to 3-1/2″ strips of various widths
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
Stamped with the Flowing Fountain stamp set:
- sentiment in Melon Mambo ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Cut using the Pretty Label Punch:
Die cut using the Rose Trellis Thinlits:
- a scrap of Crumb Cake CS with the label die
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Crumb Cake ribbon wrapped around the front of the card base close to the top, securing with Tear & Tape, and tied in a bow
- CS strips glued onto the Crumb Cake CS layer
- DSP glued onto the CS strips
- sentiment glued onto the die cut piece
- die cut piece adhered over the DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color:
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Preorder the Climbing Roses Online Class by March 13!
- Make 6 beautiful cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- perfect for anyone, including for Mom on Mother’s Day!
- Limited spots available!
Click on the image below for details:
Here are some helpful links to check out:
- Sale-a-bration!!!– earn free items!
- New Sale-a-bration Coordination items!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- March Host Code RHZ6NBS7 – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team! Sale-a-bration is a super time to join! You get so much extra!!!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!