Today’s card is one of the Make & Take projects I made for my Stamp Club. We used the Friend Like You Bundle (Friend Like You stamp set and Friendly Silhouettes Dies.) We created the sunset background using Stampin’ Sponges and ink pads. Be sure to start with the lightest color and work toward the darkest, so you won’t get dark ink on your light ink pads. I also recommend using a separate sponge for each color. I usually cut each sponge into 8 wedges, so one pack gives me 24 colors.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Very Vanilla Thick card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Early Espresso CS layer cut to 4-1/4″ x 3″
- Very Vanilla CS layer cut to 4-1/4″ x 3″x
Colored using Stampin’ Sponges and ink pads:
- Very Vanilla CS layer, from top to bottom, in Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Terracotta Tile, and Cherry Cobbler inks
Stamped with the Friend Like You stamp set:
- sentiment in Early Espresso ink over the sponged layer
- dragonflies in Early Espresso ink onto the inside of the card base
Cut using the Friendly Silhouettes Dies:
- cut away the bottom of the sponged layer using the palm tree silhouette die
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Early Espresso CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- sponged layer glued onto the Early Espresso CS layer, lining up the top edges
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Supply List <– Click here for a clickable and printable list!
Preorder the Pretty Petals Online Class by September 5:
- Make 6 cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Features the Pretty Petals Suite on pages 72-74 of the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog
- I’ve done the trimming and scoring for you!
- You’ll receive all you need to make the cards, including the stamp set, dies, embossing folder, pre-cut card kits, and 6 Very Vanilla envelopes.
- Full detailed instructions
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and class options, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://stampcandy.net/online-classes/pretty-petals-class-preorder/
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- August Host Code CS3BJYVY – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! If you join by August 31 you’ll receive and extra $30 of free products in your Starter Kit! You choose $155 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!