I was playing with the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set because it has a belated birthday sentiment, and well, I needed one. (Oops) I wanted to make a card in Halloween colors, because the recipient loves Halloween, but I also wanted to make it pretty. I chose my sentiment stamps from the set, then started looking through my dies for something I could use with them. The stamp set is available in a bundle with the fabulous Happy Birthday Thinlits Die, but I wanted something different for this card. Lo and behold, the two butterfly dies I found fit perfectly! The larger one is from the Bold Butterfly Framelits, and the smaller one is from the Butterflies Thinlits.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Pumpkin Pie card stock (CS) cut to 4 1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5 1/2″
- Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside
Stamped with the Watercolor Wings stamp set:
- Large Butterfly outer edges in Pumpkin Pie ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- large butterfly dots in Basic Black ink – I only inked up the dots around the outside of the image and not the center part of the stamp
- Small Butterfly in Basic Black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- NOTE: after the small butterfly was die cut, I used a sponge dauber to apply Pumpkin Pie ink just around the edges
Stamped with the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set:
- sentiment in Basic Black ink onto the large butterfly
- sentiment in Pumpkin Pie ink onto the small butterfly
Die Cut using the Bold Butterfly Framelit dies :
- Large Butterfly
Die Cut using the Butterfly Thinlit dies :
- Small Butterfly
Assembled the card:
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- both butterflies adhered to DSP layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White CS glued to the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Key Points to Remember:
- Gumball Reward for all orders over $50.
Find out more HERE.
- Hostess Code for the month of September (N4ZFHXK9)
Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use that HERE.
- September’s FREE gift
Quilt Top Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Find out more HERE.
- Help those affected by Hurricane Harvey and Irma
I will donate 20% of my September sales (matched by Stampin’ Up! corporate) to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Harvey & Irma Relief. Please help make a difference. CLICK HERE to shop now. Click HERE for more details.
- New Merry Patterns Hostess Stamp Set – added to your Host Rewards
There’s a brand new stamp set that isn’t in any catalog. You can’t buy it, but you can get if for free with a qualifying order! You can host a party, or place your own order, or join under me and get a 20% discount on your demonstrator order. Find out more HERE.