For today’s birthday card, I used the Happy Birthday To You stamp set and the coordinating Birthday Dies. I decided I wanted to make a chocolate cake, so I stamped it in Early Espresso ink onto Early Espresso card stock. The flowers are on Whisper White card stock for a more delicate look.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not show up at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Happy Birthday To You Happy Birthday To You Happy Birthday To You
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Petal Pink card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Early Espresso CS layer cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Crumb Cake CS layer cut to 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Optional: Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base. It’s optional because the Petal Pink CS is light enough to write on.
Stamped with the Happy Birthday to You stamp set:
- cake in Early Espresso ink onto a scrap of Early Espresso CS
- cake in Petal Pink ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- sentiment in versamark ink onto the Crumb Cake CS layer, then heat embossed in white
Cut using the Birthday Dies:
- flowers from the stamped Whisper White Thick CS
- cake stand from a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
Cut using Paper Snips:
- Early Espresso cake – I cut away everything past the cake’s edges, e.g. cake stand and excess flowers
- I made this in different colors just to illustrate which parts I cut away:
Colored using markers:
- flower centers using a Dark So Saffron Stampin’ Blends Marker
- leaves using a Dark Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blends Marker
- petals and flower buds using a Blender Pen and Petal Pink ink pad (or you can use a Light Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends Marker)
- three Pearl Basic Jewels using a Dark Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends Marker
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Early Espresso CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Crumb Cake CS layer glued onto the Early Espresso CS layer
- flower and cake die cuts glued onto the Early Espresso cake, then the whole thing adhered onto the Crumb Cake CS layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- pearls applied around the cake
- Optional: Whisper White CS layer glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up correctly. Click here to see the post on my blog.
Click “Supply List” above for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Sale-a-bration! – only one week left!
- Coordination Product Release – only one week left!
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- February Host Code SYG4ATBH – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required! PLUS only during Sale-a-bration, you’ll also receive an exclusive Mini Paper Cutter a 6″ x 6″ Sampler of Designer Series Paper from the new Mini Catalog, and another stamp set of your choice. Only one week left!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!