Welcome to InKing Royalty’s February Blog Hop! Today’s hop is filled with projects inspired by a Birthday Bliss theme. What fun! When I learned the hop’s theme, I knew I had to make a pop up card with the Balloon Adventures bundle and the Party Animal Designer Series Paper (DSP.)
Stampin’ Up! catalogs are filled with fun, festive and beautiful ways to make birthdays special, and we are excited to share our creations with you today. We are also excited to welcome guest designer Michelle Last to our team hop this month. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Here’s what I made:
Scroll down for directions and the products I used.
I’m so glad you’re hopping with us today! I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop, Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB. Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Michelle Last at MichelleLast.co.uk
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lory Robinson at The Robins Nest Designs
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Pacific Point card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, and scored in half at 4-1/4″.
- Crushed Curry CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″.
- Whisper White CS cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″.
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 8-1/4″ then scored in half at 4-1/8″.
- Party Animals DSP (front) to 3-3/4″ x 2-1/2″.
- 2 pieces of Party Animals DSP to __” x 5″.
Die cut with theBalloon Pop-Up Thinlits:
- I laid the largest die from the set on the larger (5-1/4″ x 8-1/4″) piece of Whisper White CS, lining up the center markers of the die with the score line on the paper, and ran it through my Big Shot. The die cuts out the balloons and scores the lines on either side.
Stamped with the Balloon Adventures stamp set:
- sentiment in Emerald Envy ink onto the top half of the smaller (3-3/4″ x 5″) piece of Whisper White CS.
- balloons from the Balloon Adventures stamp set in Crushed Curry, Emerald Envy, and Tangerine Tango onto the die cut piece.
- banner in Pacific Point onto the die cut piece.
- banner sentiment in Emerald Envy onto the die cut piece.
- filled in the letters on the front with a Tangerine Tango Stampin’ Write Marker.
- glued a piece of Party Animal DSP to the bottom half of the smaller piece of Whisper White CS.
- wrapped a piece of Emerald Envy Taffeta Ribbon along the line and adhered the ends to the back. Adhere the first piece of ribbon only to the back and not to the front, so you can slide the second piece under it to tie the knot.
- slid a smaller piece of the ribbon under the first piece and tied a simple knot.
- glued card front to the Crushed Curry CS.
- glued the Crushed Curry CS to the front of the Pacific Point CS card base.
- folded the die cut piece on the score lines and made sure it would fold flat inside the card base, then glued the panel at each end to the inside of the card base. Do not worry about folding the loop in the balloon string in the center. It will be hidden when the card is closed.
- glued the two remaining pieces of DSP to the white panels on each side.
Here’s what I used :
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Sale-a-brate good times, come on! It’s a
Now through March 31, you will earn a FREE item from the Sale-a-bration catalog for each $50 you spend on an order. See the items you can earn here.
PLUS you always earn a Gum Ball for every $50 you spend on an order from me. Earn 10 Gum Balls and I’ll send you a free stamp set of your choice! Click on Gum Ball Rewards at the top of this page for details.
If you haven’t already, be sure to read yesterday’s post for a chance to win some blog candy! You only have until midnight tonight.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!