I have a Secret Stamper who sends me a card each month. It’s one of the fun things we do in the Candy Hearts. We draw names and anonymously send a card to that person each month for 6 months, then we start over. Today I’m sharing a card I received from my Secret Stamper. She (I know it’s a she because unfortunately there are no hes are in our group right now) used the Hey Chick Sale-a-bration stamp set, Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack, the Layering Squares Framelits, and the Stitched Shapes Framelits to create this adorable card.
The Hey Chick stamp set has been very popular since it was released a couple months ago. It’s one of the Sale-a-bration items you can choose for free with a $50 order. But Sale-a-bration only lasts through the end of March, and all SAB items are now available only while supplies last. So if you still want this stamp set, or any of the other SAB items, don’t wait!
By the way, have you noticed how perfectly the Stitched Shapes Framelits go with the Layering Circles, Layering Ovals, and Layer Squares Framelits sets? Well, they do! I will list them all near the bottom of this post.
Here’s what she made:
Here’s what she did:
Cut and scored with a Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Crumb Cake card stock (CS) to 4-1/4″ x 11″, and scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Pool Party CS to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- scrap of Whisper White CS to 1/2″ x 4″ or so
- scrap of Crumb Cake CS to 5/8″ x 4″ or so
Stamped with the Hey Chick stamp set:
- chicken in Basic Black ink onto a piece of Whisper White CS
- sentiment in Crumb Cake ink onto the small strip of Whisper White CS
Colored with Watercolor Pencils:
- chicken in Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Pacific Point
- I think she may have blended the color just a bit with a Blender Pen
Die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits:
- Whisper White CS with chicken into a square
Die cut using the Layering Square Framelits:
- DSP into a scalloped square
Made the sentiment banner:
- notched one end of the two small strips of CS with the Banner Triple Punch
- cut the other end of the Whisper White strip with Paper Snips
- glued the Whisper White strip onto the Crumb Cake strip, lining up the notched ends
- used Paper Snips to trim the other end of the Crumb Cake strip
Assembled the card:
- Pool Party CS glued to the Crumb Cake card base
- DSP scallop square glued onto the Pool Party CS
- Whisper White stitched square with chicken glued onto the DSP and Pool Party CS
- sentiment banner glued onto the Pool Party CS at the top
Here’s what she used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Here are the coordinating dies I mentioned earlier in this post:
The three “Layering” sets contain both plain and scalloped shapes, which look great with the stitched edges of the others.
Sale-a-bration items are now available only while supplies last. So don’t wait if there’s anything you still want!
You will always earn a Gum Ball for every $50 you spend on an order with me. Earn 10 Gum Balls and I’ll send you a free stamp set of your choice! See the Gum Ball Rewards page for details.
Click here to shop my online store!
Paper Pumpkin 3 month prepaid subscription is only $55, but only through March 31! It’s the easiest way to earn a FREE Sale-a-bration item! Get it here.
Take it to the next level with a 12-month prepaid subscription. Save over $2 per month with the everyday awesome price, earn Stampin’ Rewards, and instantly qualify for 4 FREE Sale-A-Bration items! Get it here.
March Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $15o. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
March’s gift is a pack of Metallic Foil Doilies! Each pack contains 24 doilies: 6 each of 2 sizes in 2 colors.
Click here to shop my online store!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!