Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Halloween. It’s my favorite holiday. Lately I’ve really been enjoying playing with the new Spooky Cat Bundle (Spooky Cat stamp set and Cat Punch) and Spooky Night Designer Series Paper (DSP.) I used this great new items on today’s card, along with Rhinestone Basic Jewels to make the cats’ eyes seem to glow (in the right light.) I think almost all of my customers have already bought this bundle and DSP, but if you haven’t, I highly recommend them. You can make cute projects or scary ones. I’ll be sharing more projects made with these, so stay tuned!
And be sure to scroll all the way down to check out the new FREE Merry Patterns Stamp Set promotion!
Here’s what I made:
In this photo, it looks like I drew a black dot on the centers of the green eyes, but it’s just a trick of the light. See other photos below.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Pumpkin Pie card stock (CS) cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Basic Black CS cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Very Vanilla CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ (2 pieces)
- Spooky Night Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 2″ x 5-1/4″ (black with skinny stripes)
- Very Vanilla CS cut to 3″ x 3/4″
Stamped with the Spooky Cat stamp set:
- sentiment in Basic Black ink onto the Very Vanilla CS strip
- sentiment in Pumpkin Pie ink over the Basic Black sentiment, but slightly offset
- texture image in Pumpkin Pie ink down the left side of the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Very Vanilla CS piece
Cut using the Cat Punch:
- 2 cats from the the DSP (orange cat from on one side, and the other cat from the other side of the DSP with dots)
Cut using the Banner Triple Punch:
- both ends of the sentiment strip
Assembled the card:
- 2″ x 5-1/4″ piece of DSP glued onto the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla CS, with about 1/8″ showing on the right side
- then glued both cats to this top layer, with their tails intertwined (Get both cats straight and glued down, then glue down the tails, which will be sticking up a bit.)
- glued this top layer onto the Basic Black CS layer
- glued the Basic Black CS layer to the front of the card base
- adhered the sentiment to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Optional: colored Rhinestone Basic Jewels with a green Sharpie marker (any alcohol marker should work) then applied them to the cats’ eyes. See the photo below showing the card with and without the rhinestone eyes.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Shop and help those affected by
I will donate 20% of my September sales to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Harvey Relief.
Please help make a difference. CLICK HERE to shop now.
There’s a brand new stamp set that isn’t in any catalog. You can’t buy it, but you can get if for free with a qualifying order! You can host a party, or place your own order, or join under me and get a 20% discount on your demonstrator order.
Watch this video from Stampin’ Up!:
- Promotion period: September 1–October 31
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is exclusive to this promotion and will not be available after October 31
- In order to qualify, the event merchandise total must reach $300 (before tax and shipping)
- There is no limit to the number of times the Merry Patterns Stamp Set may be earned, but only one set can be redeemed per qualifying order
- Demonstrator, Customer, Workshop, and online orders qualify
- Orders must be closed by:
- October 31 at 10:50 PM (PT)
- October 31 at 11:50 PM (MT)
- November 1 at 12:50 AM (CT)
- November 1 at 1:50 AM (ET)
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is in addition to Stampin’ Rewards
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set may not be exchanged for another stamp set
Here are the samples from the video:
September Host Code
Create a beautiful quilt pattern background with this Embossing Folder.It’s easy to make a great impression! Just place flat cardstock in this embossing folder, run it through the Big Shot, and out comes cardstock with a bold textured design.* 1 folder
* 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm)
* Use with Big Shot
Watch this video on the Quilted Christmas Suite in the new Holiday Catalog
Use the Host Code on your online orders under $150. You can see how to use a Host Code here.
Orders between $75 and $149.99, using the Host Code, will receive my FREE Gift of the Month. Orders of $150 and above will automatically receive the gift – do no use the Host Code.
I can ship only within the United States. “No contact” orders are not eligible.
CLICK HERE to shop in my online store!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!