Today I have another dad joke for you. Why do dads love cheesy puns? My dad did. Most of the dads I’ve known did. Me may never know the reason. But it’s a good thing Stampin’ Up! came out with the Dad Jokes stamp set so we can honor these dads. I paired it with a piece of True Gentleman Designer Series Paper that reminds me of a man’s shirt. A piece of vellum helps the sentiments stand out against the background, while still allowing the background to show through.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Night of Navy card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″ and scraps
- Tranquil Tide CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- True Gentlemen Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Very Vanilla CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card
Stamped with the Dad Jokes stamp set:
- sentiments in Night of Navy ink onto a scrap of Very Vanilla CS
Die cut using the Lots of Labels Framelit Dies :
- a scrap of Tranquil Tide CS
- a scrap of Vellum CS
Cut using Paper Snips:
- the 3 sentiments
- Night of Navy CS scraps 1/4″ larger than the sentiments
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the Night of Navy card base with a Bone Folder
- Tranquil Tide CS layer glued onto the Night of Navy card base
- DSP layer glued onto the Tranquil Tide CS layer
- Tranquil Tide die cut glued onto the DSP layer
- sentiments glued onto the Night of Navy CS pieces, then adhered to the vellum using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Vellum die cut adhered onto the Tranquil Tide die cut using Tear & Tape (placed adhesive under the sentiments so it was hidden)
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
- This is a fabulous time to join my team! Sale-A-Bration is the biggest event of the Stampin’ Up! year and you can save big on the ultimate bundle, the Starter Kit. CLICK HERE for more information. Contact me with any questions: email [email protected] or call/text 404-661-5222
- Newsletter: subscribe for exclusive deals, projects, and more! Enter your email address and click SUBSCRIBE at the top right of this page, just under the picture of my smiling face. You can also choose to receive an email every day that I have a blog post.
- Check out My Events Calendar HERE
- Host Code for the month of February (2T9AQTKG) Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- My Thank You Gift to You in February: Narrow Note Cards & Envelopes – Find out more HERE.
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me – email: [email protected] OR call/text: 404-661-5222
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!