It’s time for the InKing Royalty Blog Hop (IRBH) for July. This month’s theme is Sunshine. I can’t wait to see what this talented group has made. For my project, I made a thank you card the color of sunshine, with sunshine shining down on sunshine colored flowers. Do you think I captured the theme okay?
The look I was going for on this card was like one of those photos that has had all the color completely desaturated except for just a few areas that are left vibrant. I used the Daffodil Delight Pigment Sprinkles and an Aqua Painter to color the tulips and the sun. Yes, even the orange bits are Daffodil Delight – just with a heavier concentration of the Sprinkles. A clear block makes the perfect palette for this.
To continue with the desaturated look, I colored the rest of the image in Smoky Slate.
Here’s what I made:
I made this card all wrong. I started out doing one thing, then changed my mind. So I thought it would just be a trial run, then I would redo it properly. But then I kind of liked how it turned out. So to do it “correctly” I would use Stazon on ink instead of Memento, and Watercolor Paper or Shimmery White Cardstock instead of regular Whisper White Cardstock.
I found that using a very light touch with the Aqua Painter worked fine for the tulips on the Whisper White Cardstock. While I like the way this sun turned out, you could get a smoother look by using the two other types of paper.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Daffodil Delight card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Pumpkin Pie CS cut to 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
- optional: Whisper White CS cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Winds of Change stamp set:
- large image in Memento black ink onto the Whisper White CS layer
- sentiment in Memento black ink onto the Whisper White CS layer
Colored using Pigment Sprinkles and an Aqua Painter:
- tulips in Daffodil Delight
- sun at top right corner in Daffodil Delight
Colored using a Blender Pen:
- windmill, stems, leaves, and ground in Smoky Slate
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Pumpkin Pie CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- stamped layer glued onto the Pumpkin Pie CS layer
- optional: Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the Sunshine hop:
Thank you for hopping along with us. Be sure to check out the next stop on the hop, Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach.
If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <— YOU ARE HERE!
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Supply List <– Click here for a clickable and printable list!
Preorder the Daisy Lane Online Class by today!
- Make 6 cards in the comfort of your own home
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Features the Daisy Lane Bundle on page 23 of the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog
- I’ve done the trimming and scoring for you!
- You’ll receive all you need to make the cards, including the stamp set, punches, pre-cut/pre-scored/pre-embossed card kits, and 6 envelopes.
- Full detailed instructions
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and class options, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://stampcandy.net/online-classes/daisy-lane-card-class-preorder/
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- July Host Code 49E6Z4AF – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!