It’s time for the May ICS Blog Hop! This month’s theme is “It’s A Guy Thing In Black & White.” We are featuring masculine projects using only black and white products. I used the A Good Man stamp set and the Timeless Label Punch, and watercolored with an Aqua Painter and Memento ink refill on Shimmery White cardstock.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S It’s A Guy Thing In Black & White It’s A Guy Thing In Black & White It’s A Guy Thing In Black & White https://bit.ly/2VSPkpK
Last Chance Products:
These products will be retiring soon. Get them while you can, because they will sell out quickly. See all the products in my online store here.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Basic Black card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Shimmery White CS layer cut to 3-3/8″ x 3-1/2″
- Shimmery White CS layer cut to 3″ x 3″
- Shimmery White CS layer cut to 2-1/2″ x 4″
- Shimmery White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
- any scrap paper cut to 4-1/4″ x 3″
Stamped with the A Good Man stamp set:
- image in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the 2-1/2″ x 4″
- sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a scrap of Shimmery White CS
Cut using the Timeless Label Punch:
Colored using an Aqua Painter and Tuxedo Black Memento ink:
- stripes onto the 3-3/8″ x 3-1/2″ piece of Shimmery White CS
- splotches onto the 3″ x 3″ piece of Shimmery White CS
- stamped image
- edges of the punched sentiment
- 4-1/4″ x 3″ scrap paper laid on the 5-1/4″ x 4″ Shimmery White CS, then used the Aqua Painter to splatter all around the edges
- removed scrap paper and painted a frame on the inner edge of the splattered area
- Note: I used a large clear block as a palette for the Memento ink refill.
Colored using a Stampin’ Blends Marker:
- 3 small frosted epoxy droplets in Dark Basic Black
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- striped layer glued onto the front of the card base
- splotchy layer glued onto the front of the card base, over the striped layer
- image layer adhered over the first two layers using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- sentiment glued to the image layer on the left and adhered onto the splotchy layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals on the right
- 3 droplets applied onto the layers
- 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Shimmery White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the “It’s a Guy Thing in Black & White” Blog Hop:
Click the Next button to hop to the next stop: Joni Metras of Joni in the Spotlight Stamping
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Last Chance Products – get them while you can!
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- May Host Code TA9CGEQM – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!