Today’s project is a birthday card I made using the Jar of Flowers Bundle (Jar of Flowers stamp set and Jar Punch) and the Many Mates stamp set (available in a bundle with the Many Medallions Dies.) Once I had made the card, I realized I could have used it for the 4th of July blog hop a couple days ago. You can see the card I made for it here. I guess I got my patriotic card mojo a couple days too late.
I also used the new In Good Taste Designer Series Paper, which is full of amazing designs including carpet, tile, wood, etc. These papers are so incredibly versatile, they make this a must have pack of DSP for everyone. And check out the new 3/8″ Denim Ribbon. If that’s isn’t pure Americana, I don’t know what it.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S jar of flowers jar of flowers jar of flowers jar of flowers jar of flowers
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Real Red card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 4 x 5-1/4″ (darker wood)
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 2″ x 1″ for the sentiment (lighter wood)
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Jar of Flowers stamp set:
- jar in black Memento ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- stems in black Memento ink in jar
- flowers in black Memento ink onto another scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
Stamped with the Many Mates stamp set:
- sentiment in Early Espresso ink onto the smaller piece of DSP
Cut using the Jar Punch:
- jar with stems
Cut using Paper Snips:
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- stems in Old Olive
- water in jar in Pool Party
- flowers in Real Red, Night of Navy, and Old Olivx
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- ribbon adhered onto the top of the jar with Stampin’ Seal, wrapped around the jar, and tied in a bow
- jar and flowers adhered onto the DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- poked a hole in the top two corners of the sentiment using a Take Your Pick Tool (paper piercer attachment)
- pulled apart a piece of blue/white/silver twine: pulled the silver out of one end, then the blue and white untwist from each other easily
- threaded the white twine through the two holes in the sentiment and tied both ends in knots on the front
- sentiment adhered onto the DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- twine pulled over the top of the DSP layer and adhered onto the back using Stampin’ Seal
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- June Host Code DXD9JX2S – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!