Judy Newsome made this lovely window card for our Candy Hearts card swap last month. The theme was wedding/anniversary. She used the Piece of Cake stamp set for the sentiment and for inside the window. The background texture comes from the Tufted Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder, and it’s highlighted by some Pearl Basic Jewels. You can see how she made it and what she used below.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what Judy did:
Cut and scored with her Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Balmy Blue card stock (CS) cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Balmy Blue CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Die cut using the Layering Ovals Framelits:
- center from Balmy Blue CS layer using a plain oval die
- same plain oval die to cut a scrap of Whisper White CS, then cut around that hole using a scalloped oval die, to create the white frame
Die cut using the Needlepoint Elements Framelits:
Stamped with the Piece of Cake stamp set:
- sentiment in Balmy Blue ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- cake stamp, cake, and cake topper in Balmy Blue ink onto the larger Whisper White CS
- NOTE: lay the Blamy Blue CS layer with the oval cut out over the Whisper White CS layer to determine where the images should be stamped. The Stamparatus makes easy work of getting the images in just the right place.
Embossed using the Tufted embossing folder:
- Balmy Blue CS layer
Cut using the Detailed Trio Punch:
- all four corners of the Whisper White CS for the inside of the card base with the floral design and with the rounder
Assembled the window card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Whisper White CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- embossed Balmy Blue CS layer glued onto the Whisper White CS layer, making sure the cake image shows through
- Whisper White frame glued around the oval window in the Balmy Blue CS layer
- tied a piece of ribbon through each end of the die cut sentiment
- NOTE: She used Balmy Blue ribbon from the Organdy Ribbon Combo Pack, which is a Sale-a-bration item that has sold out. If you didn’t get that ribbon, you can use any Whisper White Ribbon, or even leave the ribbon off.
- adhered the sentiment onto the Balmy Blue CS layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- applied pearls to the Balmy Blue CS layer in the corners of some of the tufts
- punched Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what Judy used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Preorder the Climbing Roses Online Class by March 13!
- Make 6 beautiful cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- perfect for anyone, including for Mom on Mother’s Day!
- Limited spots available!
Click on the image below for details:
Here are some helpful links to check out:
- Sale-a-bration!!!– earn free items!
- New Sale-a-bration Coordination items!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- March Host Code RHZ6NBS7 – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team! Sale-a-bration is a super time to join! You get so much extra!!!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!