Welcome to the July 2020 Inking Royalty Blog Hop! This month’s theme is Christmas in July! This is the perfect time to start planning your holiday cards and invitations, especially since so many folks are staying home and have more time. My card for today can be used for Christmas or really any winter occasion. I used the Peace & Joy Bundle (Peace & Joy stamp set and Joy Dies,) Trimming the Town Designer Series Paper, and Snowflake Sequins from the upcoming August – December 2020 Mini Catalog, which goes live August 4. If you’d like to order from the new Mini Catalog now instead of having to wait, click here to join.
After reading my post today, I hope you’ll hop around to all the stops. There’s so much talent in this group and you don’t want to miss any of it!
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S July 2020 Inking Royalty Blog Hop July 2020 Inking Royalty Blog Hop
Here are the Sneak Peek products I used:
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Misty Moonlight card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Trimming the Town Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ (stripes)
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 4-1/8″ x 2-7/8″
- DSP layer cut to 4″ x 2-3/4″ (snow)
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Peace & Joy stamp set:
- HAPPY and AND in Misty Moonlight ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- BRIGHT in Misty Moonlight ink, stamped off three times, onto the 5-1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White CS (I wanted it to be very light, like a watermark, so I could write over it.)
Cut using the Joy Dies:
- BRIGHT using all three dies, the middle one from a scrap of Misty Moonlight CS, and the other two from a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
Cut using Paper Snips:
- HAPPY and AND
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- the 3 BRIGHT die cuts glued together
- BRIGHT die cut stack, HAPPY, and AND adhered onto the smaller DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- smaller DSP layer glued onto the smaller Whisper White CS layer
- smaller Whisper White CS layer glued onto the larger DSP layer
- larger DSP layer glued onto the larger Whisper White CS layer
- larger Whisper White CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- 3 Snowflake Sequins glued onto the larger DSP layer
- 5-1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
What I would do differently:
I’m not yet used to having the new adhesives, so I forget to use them. For today’s card, I would have put the card stock for the top two BRIGHT die cuts on an Adhesive Sheet before die cutting. Then I could have just peeled off the backing to adhere the pieces, instead of gluing them. I would have put the card stock for the bottom (largest) BRIGHT die cut on a Foam Adhesive Sheet before die cutting. I also would have put the stamped sentiments on a Foam Adhesive Sheet before cutting them with Paper Snips.
Here’s the July 2020 Inking Royalty Blog Hop:
Thank you for hopping along with us. Please hop to the next stop, Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Janneke Dijkstra-de Jong at Happy Stampin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <—————YOU ARE HERE!
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
Bonus Days are here!
Click the image below to shop now and earn Bonus Days coupons to use next month!
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
These products will be available to purchase 4 August 2020:
- Peace & Joy Bundle (155167) $45.00
- Peace & Joy stamp set (153430) $18.00
- Joy Dies (153530) $32.00
- Trimming the Town Designer Series Paper (153491) $11.50
- Snowflake Sequins (150443) $6.00
Here are some helpful links:
- July Host Code 6VQYQF43 – receive free product!
- August Host Code 49HQDVHS – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog – get the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog and/or the Aug-Dec 2020 Mini Catalog!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required! If you don’t want to wait until August 4 to order from the new August – December Mini Catalog, join now! You can even add the new products to your Starter Kit!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!