Today’s card was made by the lovely and very talented Debbie Catlett, of Chattanooga, TN. Debbie is a member of my Candy Hearts team. This was a card she made for this month’s Creative Challenge at our March team gathering. She used the Lot of Lavender stamp set (available free with a $50 order only through Saturday!) and a piece of Petal Garden Designer Series Paper to create this beautiful card. Debbie always adds a little something to the inside of the card as well.
Here’s what she made:
Here’s what she did:
Cut and scored with her Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Rich Razzleberry card stock (CS) cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Sweet Sugarplum CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ (2 pieces)
- Petal Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 3″ x 5-1/4“
Stamped with the Lots of Lavender stamp set:
- bouquet in Basic Black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- small flower with leaves in Basic Black ink onto the Sweet Sugarplum CS for the inside of the card
Die cut using the Layering Ovals Framelits:
- sentiment with a plain oval die
- a scrap of Rich Razzleberry CS with a slightly larger scalloped oval die
Colored using Blender Pens:
- bouquet in Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum, and Lemon Lime Twist
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- stamped piece of Sweet Sugarplum CS glued onto the inside of the card base
- plain Sweet Sugarplum CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- DSP layer glued onto the Sweet Sugarplum CS layer
- plain oval glued onto the scalloped oval
- doily glued onto the back of the scalloped oval so it shows on one side
- doily/oval glued onto the DSP layer (She used a retired doily. If you don’t have any of those, I recommend using the Delicate White Doilies.)
- small bow tied with a double piece of Linen Thread, and adhered to the bouquet with a Mini Glue Dot
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what she used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s some stuff you should know:
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!