For today’s card, I wanted to make something patriotic, since we have Memorial Day and Independence Day coming before long. I looked at my Designer Series Papers and realized the perfect pattern came from the Be Merry set. While it was designed for Christmas projects, it’s actually quite versatile. See how well it works with the Loyal & True stamp set on this card. The cracked ice technique looks great on this paper, too. It lends a worn, antique look to the card, like it’s seen lots of battle, carried in the pocket of a soldier.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Dapper Denim card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Daffodil Delight CS layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Be Merry Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card
Stamped with the Loyal & True stamp set:
- sentiment image in Dapper Denim ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Cut using the Best Badge Punch:
- sentiment image
Cracked Ice Technique:
- covered the DSP layer with Versamark ink, then covered it in Clear embossing powder, then melted it with a Heat Tool
- repeated the process 5 more times, to make it 6 layers thick
- put the DSP layer in a plastic baggie in the freezer for a while (I left it overnight, but I’m sure an hour or so would be fine.)
- removed the DSP layer from the plastic bag, then bent it in various places with my fingers
- NOTE: Just bend the paper, don’t fold it, or it may split all the way through
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the Dapper Denim card base with a Bone Folder
- Daffodil Delight CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- cracker ice DSP layer glued onto the Daffodil Delight CS layer
- sentiment adhered to the DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White CS glue onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s some stuff you should check out:
- Want to order products from the new catalog now? There are two ways:
- Retiring products available through May 31 or while supplies last.
- Swatch Books & Product Shares for 2018-2019 Annual Catalog details
- SUBSCRIBE to my newsletter
- My Class Calendar
- April Host Code A9MEXWJR
- Get my FREE Gift for April
- Earn Gumball Rewards
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!