I had a lot of fun making today’s card. I created a scene of a knight sailing in stormy seas to slay a fire breathing dragon. The waves and clouds are cut using a die from the Rainbow Builder Framelits Dies. The dragon and knight are from the Magical Day stamp set, and the background is from the Myths & Magic Designer Series Paper. Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers made the coloring easy! And Clear Wink of Stella added the shine (unfortunately mine leaked and applied a bit too much shine in some places.)
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Dapper Denim card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Calypso Coral CS cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Dapper Denim CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 2″
- Bermuda Bay CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 2″
- Pool Party CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 2″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card
Stamped with the Magical Day stamp set:
- dragon in Memento Black ink onto a scrap of Pool Party CS
- knight in Memento Black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- flame in Memento Black ink onto a scrap of Daffodil Delight CS
- sentiment in Dapper Denim ink onto the Whisper White CS for the inside
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- dragon in Calypso Coral, Old Olive, and Bermuda Bay
- knight in Smoky Slate, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, and Ivory
- flame in Cherry Cobbler and Pumpkin Pie
Applied Clear Wink of Stella to:
- Calypso Coral parts of the dragon
- knight’s armor and sword
- NOTE: my Wink of Stella leaked in a couple places, so there’s an overabundance of the shimmer on the dragon’s belly & leg, and on the knight’s sword
Die cut using the Magical Mates Framelits:
- dragon, flame, and knight
Die cut using the Rainbow Builder Framelits:
- the three 5-1/4″ x 2″ pieces of CS, one near the top, one in the middle, and one near the bottom
- NOTE: the die is longer than the CS pieces, so move it sideways for each piece, so they don’t match up exactly
Die cut using the Layering Ovals Framelits:
- oval from a scrap of Basic Gray CS, for the rock under the dragon
Cut using Paper Snips:
- boat from a 2″ x 2″ piece of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (then drew the lines on using a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker)
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- layers of CS die cut with the Rainbow Builder Framelits glued together as shown
- knight glued to the back of the boat
- dragon glued onto the Basic Gray oval rock
- rock and boat glued to the back of the water, then all of it glued onto the DSP layer
- clouds glued onto the DSP layer
- flame glued onto the dragon’s nose and the DSP layer
- sentiment layer glued to the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
There are a lot of products on this list because I’ve listed all the options for buying each item. For example, the Blends alcohol markers can be purchased individually, in pairs, or in a large pack of all of them.
- This is a fabulous time to join my team! Sale-A-Bration is the biggest event of the Stampin’ Up! year and you can save big on the ultimate bundle, the Starter Kit. CLICK HERE for more information. Contact me with any questions: email [email protected] or call/text 404-661-5222
- Newsletter: subscribe for exclusive deals, projects, and more! Enter your email address and click SUBSCRIBE at the top right of this page, just under the picture of my smiling face. You can also choose to receive an email every day that I have a blog post.
- Check out My Events Calendar HERE
- Host Code for the month of February (2T9AQTKG) Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- My Thank You Gift to You in February: Narrow Note Cards & Envelopes – Find out more HERE.
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me – email: [email protected] OR call/text: 404-661-5222
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!