I recently came across this card made months ago by Caitlin Jones, one of my very talented Candy Hearts team members. I realized I never shared it and thought you’d like to see it. She used the Magical Mermaid stamp set and the Hexagons Dynamic embossing folder to create this beautiful birthday card. The Shimmery White card stock takes the watercoloring beautifully. I think it looks like the mermaid is looking through an old stained glass window underwater.
Here’s what she made:
Here’s what (I think) she did:
Cut and scored with her Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Whisper White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Basic Black CS layer cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Shimmery White CS layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
Stamped with the Magical Mermaid stamp set:
- mermaid in Basic Black ink onto a scrap of Shimmery White CS
- sentiment in Pool Party ink onto a scrap of Shimmery White CS
Cut using the Paper Snips :
Die cut using the Layering Circles Framelits:
- larger circle from a scrap of Basic Black CS
- smaller circle from a scrap of Rich Razzleberry CS
Die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits:
Embossed using the Hexagon Dynamic embossing folder:
- inked one side of the folder with Basic Black ink, then used it to emboss the Shimmery White CS layer
Colored using Aqua Painters:
- mermaid in So Saffron, Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist, and Pool Party inks
- embossed layer in Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Pool Party, and Bermuda Bay inks
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- embossed layer glued onto the Basic Black CS layer
- Copper Trim spread wide, wrapped around the two layers, and adhered on the back using Tear & Tape
- Basic Black CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, and sentiment circles glued onto the embossed layer, over the Copper Trim
- mermaid adhered to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what (I think) she used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!