Welcome to the March 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop! This month we are featuring Spring themed projects. Be sure to hop to the next blog on the list, Pam Morris of Tap Tap Stamp. If you get lost, scroll down to see the list of hoppers.
My project features the True Love Designer Series Paper, which is all black and white. I love it because you can make it any color you want. The card has quite a bit of black on it, which may not seem very Springy. But I though the Spring colors really popped off the black background. What do you think?
I also used the Butterfly Gems which come in the 2019-2021 In Colors. This is the first time I’ve ever used them. I know! Crazy! How have I neglected these little beauties for so long? They will retire less than two months, so I plan to use them as much as I can until then. (Of course, I do use retired products, but not on anything I post on my blog.)
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S March 2021 Candy March 2021 Candy March 2021 Candy March 2021 Candy
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Basic White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- True LoveDesigner Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Basic White CS layer cut to 3″ x 4-1/4″
- Basic Black CS layer cut to 2-3/4″ x 4″
Stamped with the Springtime Joy stamp set:
- sentiment in Versamark ink onto a scrap of Granny Apple Green CS, then heat embossed in white
Cut using the Classic Label Punch:
Cut using Paper Snips:
- fussy cut the flowers from another pattern of the DSP
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- white spots on DSP layer in Seaside Spray, Granny Apple Green, Flirty Flamingo, and Highland Heather
- flowers in Seaside Spray, Granny Apple Green, Flirty Flamingo, Highland Heather, Purple Posy, and Daffodil Delight
- edges of flowers in Basic Black, to hide any white that showed
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- flowers glued onto the Basic Black CS layer
- Basic Black CS layer glued onto the Basic White CS layer
- Basic White CS layer glued onto the DSP layer
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- sentiment glued under the flowers
- Butterfly Gems (2 Purple Posy and 1 Seaside Spray) applied onto the Basic Black CS layer using a Take Your Pick tool
Here’s the March 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop:
- Candy Ford of Stamp Candy <—– YOU ARE HERE!
- Pam Morris of Tap Tap Stamp
- Linda Krueger of The Stamp Coach
- Brian King of Stamp with Brian
- Joanne Brown of The Inky Dragon
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Butterfly Brilliance is here for a limited time!
These new products are out of this world gorgeous. And they’re only available for a couple months, so definitely get them as soon as you can in case they sell out! Click on the images below to see them in my online store. Or CLICK HERE to see them all.
Hey Chick & Hey Birthday Chick!
The Hey Chick stamp set from 2017 Sale-a-bration was so popular, Stampin’ Up! has brought it back. But that’s not all! Now there are coordinating dies. AND there’s a second stamp set, Hey Birthday Chick, that also has coordinating dies. One thing though – they’re available for a limited time, so get them while you can! Click on the images below to see them in my online store. Or CLICK HERE to see them all.
Here are some helpful links:
- March Host Code 4BR2CFMC – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscriptionor subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact mefor details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook groupfor exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!