For today’s shaker card I combined two bundles from the Occasions Catalog: Forever Lovely and Meant To Be. These two bundles go together beautifully. Both contain hearts and flowers and lovely sentiments perfect for Valentine’s Day or any loving occasion. Take a look:
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Crumb Cake card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Soft Sea Foam CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Flirty Flamingo CS cut to 4″ x 4″
- clear Window Sheet cut to 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card
Stamped with the Forever Lovely stamp set:
- flower in Flirty Flamingo ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Stamped with the Meant To Be stamp set:
- sentiment in Balmy Blue ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Die cut using the Lovely Flowers Edgelits:
- stamped flower
- used same flower die to cut a hole in the Soft Sea Foam CS layer
- right edge of the Flirty Flamingo CS layer with the edgelit die
- NOTE: When you first look at the edgelit die you might think the bottom edge (as shown below) cuts the edge, but it’s actually the top edge. Don’t ask how I figured that out. 😀
Die cut using the Be Mine Stitched Framelits:
- sentiment cut with a heart die that also cuts a lacy heart frame
- many little hearts from Balmy Blue CS using the multi-heart die (save the outline for another project)
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- smaller Whisper White CS glued onto the front of the card base
- Soft Sea Foam CS layer laid on the front of the card base (without adhering it yet) and glued the flower through the die cut hole
- Window Sheet adhered to the back side of the Soft Sea Foam CS layer, covering the hole, using Tear & Tape
- Flirty Flamingo CS layer glued onto the Soft Sea Foam CS layer, lining up the left two corners
- NOTE: If you find that the Flirty Flamingo CS layer is too wide after die cutting the one edge, glue it onto the Soft Sea Foam CS layer where you want the die cut edge to be, then trim the excess off the left side.
- two hearts glued onto the Flirty Flamingo CS layer
- Foam Adhesive Strips applied onto the Whisper White layer around the flower, around all four edges, and some to fill in the empty space. I used 3 strips total. (Do not remove the backing from the Foam Adhesive Strips yet!)
- Used an Embossing Buddy to dust the inside edges of the shaker area. This helps prevent the hearts from sticking to the sides.
- Hearts laid inside the shaker area, careful that none overlap the Foam Adhesive Strip. Then removed the backing from all the Foam Adhesive Strips.
- Soft Sea Foam CS layer lined up and pressed down to adhere to the tops of the Foam Adhesive Strips.
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s some inventory information:
Sales for the following products have exceeded Stampin’ Up!’s forecast and are continuing strong, resulting in a significant number of backorders. Due to Chinese New Year and port congestion delays, estimated arrival is mid-March.
- Butterfly Duet Punch (item 148523)
- Cake Builder Punch (item 148525)
When you enter item numbers for either of these products on an order, you will receive a pop-up notification asking if you would like to be notified via email when they are back in stock. This will allow you to find out immediately when the status changes for these items and they are again available for purchase.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Important note: Both of these amazing punches will carry over into the 2019–2020 annual catalog.
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- January Host Code TGBRZYGE – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!