We’re three fourths of the way through the Eastern Palace one page wonder! Today I’m sharing card #9. I think this is one of my favorites so far. Maybe it’s the gold thread. Maybe it’s the pieced die cut medallions. Or something else. I don’t know, but I like it. This particular design of the Eastern Palace Designer Series Paper is one of my faves, as well. The pattern reminds me of shirts my dad wore in the early 1960s.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Fresh Fig card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Eastern Palace Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Very Vanilla CS to 4″ x 5-1/4″, for the inside
Stamped with the Eastern Beauty stamp set:
- sentiment in Versamark ink onto a scrap of Fresh Fig CS, then heat embossed it in gold:
- 1) rub the CS with Embossing Buddy, 2) stamp in Versamark, 3) sprinkle embossing powder over stamped area and tap off excess, 4) use heat tool to melt powder and make it shiny
Die cut using the Eastern Medallions Thinlits:
- scraps of Fresh Fig, Dapper Denim, and Tranquil Tide CS cut with the largest die, and saved all the little cut bits
Die cut using the Layering Circles Framelits:
- the Tranquil Tide medallion, and a piece of Very Vanilla CS, with a larger die
- the heat embossed sentiment with a smaller die
Assembled the card:
- wrapped Gold Metallic Thread around the DSP about 30 times and taped the ends on the back
- Tranquil Tide Medallion glued onto the Very Vanilla CS circle
- saved bits from the medallions glued to the Very Vanilla CS circle, inside the Tranquil Tide medallion holes
- whole medallion stack glued to the DSP, over the gold thread
- DSP glued to the front of the Fresh Fig card base
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ Very Vanilla CS glued to inside of the Fresh Fig card base
Here are the colors I used:
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Place an order (an individual order, a hosted workshop order, or even a demonstrator order) of at least $350 in the month of June and receive MORE Stampin’ Rewards! You can use the rewards toward free product, or toward a Starter Kit! No special code needed. Every qualifying order will automatically receive the extra rewards.
June Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $15o. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the FREE gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the FREE gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
June’s FREE gift is a pack of the amazing new Color Theory Designer Series Paper! So many designs, so many colors, so many uses. Designed with a paint chip style color variation on one side, wood grain or paint crackle on the other side.
* Each sheet is double-sided for double the creative options
* Works beautifully on card fronts.
* 48 sheets: 4 each of 12 double-sided designs. 6” x 6”
* Lignin free
* Coordinating colors: Berry Burst, Crushed Curry, Dapper Denim, Old Olive, Whisper White
“No Contact” orders are not eligible for the free gift.
(I can ship within US only.)
Click here to shop my online store!
Swatch Books & Paper Shares
for the brand new
2017-2018 Annual Catalog
Designer Series Papers
are available to order now!
Click here to order yours now!
Gum Ball Rewards
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!