My team, the Candy Hearts, meets once a month. We eat, talk, and stamp, among other things. We have monthly challenges and a monthly swap. Today’s post is all about this month’s swap cards. September’s theme was Autumn. For my swap card, I used the Merry Cafe stamp set, Coffee Cafe Bundle, Colorful Seasons Bundle, and Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper.
Brian King joined us for this month’s meeting. He acted as official meeting photographer, and he participated in the swap. Be sure to check out his blog post today for more photos from the meeting, and for details on his swap card!
Here are the swap cards:
Debbie used the Count My Blessings stamp set, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Squares Framelits, Coffee Break Designer Series Paper, and Crumb Cake 3/8″ Classic Weave Ribbon.
Judy used the Vintage Leaves stamp set, Leaflets Framelits, Best Birds stamp set, Layering Circle Framelits, 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon, and Pinewood Planks Dynamic Embossing Folder.
Nancy used the Flourishing Phrases stamp set, Flourish Thinlits, and Petal Burst Embossing Folder.
Brian used the Gourd Goodness stamp set, Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper, and Stitched Shapes Framelits. Check out his blog post today for details on his card!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Chocolate Chip card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Very Vanilla CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside
Stamped with the Merry Cafe stamp set:
- cup in Chocolate Chip ink onto a scrap of Very Vanilla CS
- lid in Chocolate Chip ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink onto a scrap of Crumb Cake CS
Stamped with the Colorful Seasons stamp set:
- solid leaf image in Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, and Elegant Eggplant inks using the technique described below*
- leaf lines in Chocolate Chip ink over the solid stamped image
*Baby Wipe Stamping Technique:
- applied scattered drops of ink onto a wet baby wipe, and used it as my ink pad
- NOTE: this is usually best using a solid image (like the leaf) instead of a detailed one (like the leaf lines)
Cut using the Coffee Cups Framelits:
- cup, lid, and sentiment
Cut using the Seasonal Layers Thinlits:
Assembled the card:
- leaf glued to the DSP layer
- lid and sentiment glued onto the cup
- cup adhered to DSP layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Very Vanilla CS glued to the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Here are some key points to remember:
- Gumball Reward for all orders over $50.
Find out more HERE.
- Hostess Code for the month of September (N4ZFHXK9)
Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use that HERE.
- September’s FREE gift
Quilt Top Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Find out more HERE.
- Help those affected by Hurricane Harvey and Irma
I will donate 20% of my September sales (matched by Stampin’ Up! corporate) to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Harvey & Irma Relief. Please help make a difference. CLICK HERE to shop now. Click HERE for more details.
- New Merry Patterns Hostess Stamp Set – added to your Host Rewards
There’s a brand new stamp set that isn’t in any catalog. You can’t buy it, but you can get if for free with a qualifying order! You can host a party, or place your own order, or join under me and get a 20% discount on your demonstrator order. Find out more HERE.