Today I’m sharing a window card I made with the All is Bright Designer Series Paper, Merry Christmas to All bundle, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, and Snowflakes & Stars Wire Elements. The key to this card is to cut through both layers of paper at the same time before you adhere them together. That way you can hang the snowflake with copper thread and hide where the thread is adhered to the card.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Crumb Cake card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- All Is Bright Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
Stamped with the Merry Christmas to All stamp set:
- inside sentiment in Soft Suede ink onto the inside of the card base
Die cut using the Merry Christmas Thinlits:
- outside sentiment from a scrap of Copper Foil Sheet
Die cut using the Layering Circles Framelits:
- circle from the DSP layer and the front of the card base
- NOTE: I laid the card base on the Big Shot, positioned the DSP layer on the front, then cut through both layers. DO NOT adhere the DSP layer before cutting. The Magnetic Platform helps hold the die in place which keeps the paper in place.
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- strung a piece of Copper Metallic Thread through a wire snowflake, positioned the snowflake so it would hang in the die cut hole, then adhered the thread to the front of the card base using Tear & Tape
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base, lining up the die cut holes
- die cut sentiment glued onto the DSP layer
- If you’d like, you can glue a piece of Whisper White CS onto the inside of the card base. I decided to write directly onto the Crumb Cake card base.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s some cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- October Host Code C4ANJH44 – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!