Some may feel black isn’t a very Christmasy color, but I disagree. The most elegant Christmas cards I’ve seen were black. Today’s card is black and white with just a pop of Cherry Cobbler, and it features the Snowflake Sentiments Bundle (Snowflake Sentiments stamp set and Swirly Snowflakes Thinlits Dies) along with the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, Vellum card stock, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, and a little heat embossing.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Basic Black card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Vellum CS cut to 5-1/2″ x 2″ (2 pieces)
- Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper cut to 5-1/2″ x 2″ (2 pieces)
- Cherry Cobbler CS cut to 5-1/2″ x 3/4″
- Whisper White C cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside
Stamped with the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set:
- outside sentiment in Versamark ink onto a scrap of Vellum CS, then heat embossed in White
- NOTE: be very careful not to overheat the Vellum with the heat tool, or it can bubble and warp
- inside sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink onto the 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece of Whisper White CS
- NOTE: The two sentiments are from the same stamp. I masked off the part I didn’t need with a piece of Post-It Note before inking.
Die cut using the Swirly Snowflakes Thinlit Dies:
- the 2 pieces of 5-1/2″ x 2″ Vellum CS with the Edgelit die that has little holes along the edge
- the 2 pieces of 5-1/2″ x 2″ of Glimmer Paper with the Snowflake Edgelit Die
Die cut using the Layering Ovals Framelit Dies:
- a larger oval from a scrap of Basic Black CS
Assembled the card:
- Glimmer Paper snowflakes glued onto the Vellum CS pieces
- Vellum CS glued onto the front of the card base
- Cherry Cobbler CS strip adhered over the seam where the two snowflake/vellum pieces meet with Fast Fuse
- sentiment glued onto the Basic Black CS oval
- Basic Black CS oval adhered to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 5-1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White CS glued to the inside of the card base
- Black Rhinestones adhered to the center of the snowflakes
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Here are some key points to remember:
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount. Give them to stampers or ask for them for your Christmas gift! Contact me: call/text 404-661-5222 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swatch Books and Product Shares from the 2018 Occasions and Sale-A-Bration Catalogs – you can order yours now HERE.
- Year End Sales Event – December 1, 2017 to January 2, 2018 – CLICK HERE for details. Order soon so you don’t miss your favorite retiring items!
- This is a great time to join my team! With the demonstrator discount of at least 20%, you can get Christmas gifts for all the stampers on your list! CLICK HERE for more information. Contact me with any questions: email email@example.com or call/text 404-661-5222
- Sale-a-bration Stamp Fest coming January 20. Details and register HERE
- Check out My Events Calendar HERE
- Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers are now available! Click HERE for more info.
- Hostess Code for the month of December (HS67FXTS) Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- December’s FREE gift: Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape – Find out more HERE.
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!