Want to tell someone you’re wild about them? What could be wilder that dinosaurs? The dinosaur on today’s card is from the Pieces & Patterns stamp set, and the coordinating Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper is just adorable.
I used the Mirror Stamping Technique to get two different dinosaurs from the same stamp, which sounds more complicated than it is. You simply stamp your image onto a piece of clear Window Sheet, flip it over, and rub the back to transfer the ink to the paper.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Emerald Envy card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Sahara Sand CS cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Emerald Envy CS cut to 4″ x 2-1/8″
- Flirty Flamingo CS cut to 3-7/8″ x 2″
- Crushed Curry CS cut to 3-3/4″ x 1-7/8″
- Whisper White CS cut to 3-5/8″ x 1-3/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/2″ for the inside
Stamped with the Pieces & Patterns stamp set:
- dinosaur in black ink onto the small Whisper White CS
- dinosaur in black ink onto a piece of Window Sheet
- quickly turned the Window Sheet over and pressed it to the Whisper White CS piece, rubbing the back to transfer the ink from the Window Sheet to the CS
- NOTE: if you don’t get as good a transfer as you would like, you can go over the image with the fine point of a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker
- sentiment in black ink onto the 4″ x 5-1/2″ Whisper White CS
Cut using the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch:
- tiny heart from a scrap of Flirty Flamingo CS
Colored using Stampin’ Write Markers:
- inside sentiment in Flirty Flamingo, Sahara Sand, Emerald Envy, and Crushed Curry
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- tiny heart glued onto the Whisper White CS with the dinosaurs
- Whisper White CS with dinosaurs glued onto the Crushed Curry CS
- Crushed Curry CS glued onto the Flirty Flamingo CS
- Flirty Flamingo CS glued onto the Emerald Envy CS
- Emerald Envy CS glued onto the DSP layer
- DSP layer glued onto the Sahara Sand CS layer
- Sahara Sand CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- 4″ x 5-1/2″ Whisper White CS glued to the inside of the card base
Questions? Comment below or email me: [email protected]
Here are today’s main colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
- This is a fabulous time to join my team! Sale-A-Bration is the biggest event of the Stampin’ Up! year and you can save big on the ultimate bundle, the Starter Kit. CLICK HERE for more information. Contact me with any questions: email [email protected] or call/text 404-661-5222
- Newsletter: subscribe for exclusive deals, projects, and more! Enter your email address and click SUBSCRIBE at the top right of this page, just under the picture of my smiling face. You can also choose to receive an email every day that I have a blog post.
- Check out My Events Calendar HERE
- Host Code for the month of February (2T9AQTKG) Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- My Thank You Gift to You in February: Narrow Note Cards & Envelopes – Find out more HERE.
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me – email: [email protected] OR call/text: 404-661-5222
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!